NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: N. Bald Cap  (Read 981 times)

Paul

• NEClimbs Newbie
N. Bald Cap
« on: September 17, 2012, 09:51:53 PM »

" The Road North"   5.8--Start 50 ft. right of Ingy's 5-6 pitches pitch 1 and 2 can be combined. Perfect rock with a spectacular last pitch.
Pitch 1  climb the slab to the trees. 5.2
Pitch 2 Move left 60 ft. 5.2
pitch 3  Climb straight up a white face to an over lap and belay at 2 bolts. 5.6
pitch 4 Straight up through the overlap (bolt) then right at 2 o clock to a 2 bolt belay. 60 m 5.7
Pitch 5 climb perfetly clean slab up and left past 1 bolt struggle over tree then to a 2 bolt belay
60 m 1 cm 5.7
pitch 6 straight up perfect slab to trees 40m 5.8

DGoguen

Re: N. Bald Cap
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 10:02:26 AM »

Here is a photo that shows "The Road North" and the two routes to it's left. October Sundae and Ingy's Ice Cream.

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 09:37:46 PM »

nice looking line. I added it to the route database
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com

Paul

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 07:16:48 PM »

There is one important thing missing here. The name of my partner, who also did the crux pitch, hand bolted , on lead. A spectacular job. Dustin Cormier, from Bartlett .

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 07:44:10 PM »

There is one important thing missing here. The name of my partner, who also did the crux pitch, hand bolted , on lead. A spectacular job. Dustin Cormier, from Bartlett .

done...and IN included that information in teh description.
Al Hospers

bubbalee

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 12:22:39 PM »

downclimbed some of those upper pitches in a diagonal line trying to reach the bottom of double crack last summer . looked  like it would be a nice line going up though.

bubbalee

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 12:52:55 PM »

some other newer routes at north bald cap  . "gold fever" 5.7 half way between double crack and call of the wild is a corner -arete system visible from the road 600ft 4 pitches runnout on easier ground with decent pro when needed. climb the series of four aretes to beneath a hugh roof .go through the roof on the right and finish up at the anchors of call of the wild . also a new line lower right climbing searching for gold for one pitch and continue straight up where searching for gold trends left finishing fifty feet right of searching for gold. a bolt or two to be added next summer to clean it up 5.8-5.9 ish. there is one other new route up high leading to cc arete. 50-80ft right of going nowhere/cc arete is a white slab leading up to cc arete with some bolts as needed 5.9ish leading to the base of cc arete which now has a two bolt anchor at its base to facilitate belaying at the arete easier. we did this line because we could not figure out how to get there on the other line. it was not as obvious as we thought it might be.  anyhow cc arete is awsome with tremendous exposure and seemed hard for the grade.

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 06:07:00 PM »

some other newer routes at north bald cap  . "gold fever" 5.7 half way between double crack and call of the wild is a corner -arete system visible from the road 600ft 4 pitches runnout on easier ground with decent pro when needed. climb the series of four aretes to beneath a hugh roof .go through the roof on the right and finish up at the anchors of call of the wild . also a new line lower right climbing searching for gold for one pitch and continue straight up where searching for gold trends left finishing fifty feet right of searching for gold. a bolt or two to be added next summer to clean it up 5.8-5.9 ish. there is one other new route up high leading to cc arete. 50-80ft right of going nowhere/cc arete is a white slab leading up to cc arete with some bolts as needed 5.9ish leading to the base of cc arete which now has a two bolt anchor at its base to facilitate belaying at the arete easier. we did this line because we could not figure out how to get there on the other line. it was not as obvious as we thought it might be.  anyhow cc arete is awsome with tremendous exposure and seemed hard for the grade.

I'll post these if you send me full route info...
Al Hospers

bubbalee

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2012, 12:20:45 PM »

al i will get you ,the info and pics soon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 24 queries.