General > Ice & Winter Climbing

Embargo

(1/2) > >>

triguy:
Is it possible to get to the last pitch of embargo from the top of the texaco slab?

Admin Al:
yeah... you can thrash up through the woods around to the right. I have thrashed off from the top over to the Texaco Amphitheater.

DLottmann:

--- Quote from: triguy on November 26, 2012, 03:38:52 PM ---Is it possible to get to the last pitch of embargo from the top of the texaco slab?

--- End quote ---

Yes, but those bottom 3 steps are kinda fun and make a better, more direct climb/outing than linking the slab IMO... and if the slab is IN I would say those steps must be in... I think Al meant to say thrash up & left, unless you are trying to get to the top of the last pitch of Embargo...  I've also headed down to the Amphitheater from the top of Embargo... there is a nice steep drainage slope linking you back down that seems to be the easiest way out from that climb anyways...

Admin Al:
yes I did mean thrash left from the Slab. but the cool thing is the link up, not really the little gully/cleft IMNSHO.

if you are looking for something similar I recommend The Cleft on Willard. climb the Left Hand Monkey Wrench, then wander up to the cliff band and then walk/thrash right 'till you see the obvious notch. very highly recommended.

DLottmann:

--- Quote from: Admin Al on November 26, 2012, 05:28:16 PM ---if you are looking for something similar I recommend The Cleft on Willard. climb the Left Hand Monkey Wrench, then wander up to the cliff band and then walk/thrash right 'till you see the obvious notch. very highly recommended.

--- End quote ---

+1.... one of the coolest easy climbs in the area... amazing geologically!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version