General > General Climbing

Joe Goodreau from Rhode Island

(1/2) > >>

Whitey:
Heard today that Joe passed away,one of the  original owners of the ri rock gym. Joe is remembered as a thoughtful and cosiderate person who mentored many folks in climbing thru amc run climbing outings. I did not know him well but certainly respected him because negativity was not his thing whatsoever. A Billy Joel song came to mind; "only the good die young" R.I.P.

M_Sprague:
Your description of Joe was very accurate, Whitey. I haven't seen him in some years, but I remember him well from my early years spent at Lincoln Woods and later at the gym. He was always kind and good natured. I am glad I had the chance to know him.

sneoh:
I am so sad to hear this news.  Yeah, he was a nice guy.  The last time I saw him was at LWoods.  I did not recognize him but he made a point to walk up to say "hi".  Needless to say I was embarrassed that I had appeared "aloof".  RIP Joe.  Was he even over 50 in age?

Smear:
Joe gave me my first lesson on how to tie in and belay back in 93.Always a great sense of humor and just a great guy all around.
He will be missed by many.

Rest in peace my friend...

old_school:
He sounds like a great guy and touched many people. My thoughts are with his family and all who knew him.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version