NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Joe Goodreau from Rhode Island  (Read 620 times)

Whitey

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Joe Goodreau from Rhode Island
« on: November 27, 2012, 07:00:38 PM »

Heard today that Joe passed away,one of the  original owners of the ri rock gym. Joe is remembered as a thoughtful and cosiderate person who mentored many folks in climbing thru amc run climbing outings. I did not know him well but certainly respected him because negativity was not his thing whatsoever. A Billy Joel song came to mind; "only the good die young" R.I.P.

M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
Re: Joe Goodreau from Rhode Island
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 07:52:48 PM »

Your description of Joe was very accurate, Whitey. I haven't seen him in some years, but I remember him well from my early years spent at Lincoln Woods and later at the gym. He was always kind and good natured. I am glad I had the chance to know him.
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 12:15:05 AM »

I am so sad to hear this news.  Yeah, he was a nice guy.  The last time I saw him was at LWoods.  I did not recognize him but he made a point to walk up to say "hi".  Needless to say I was embarrassed that I had appeared "aloof".  RIP Joe.  Was he even over 50 in age?

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

Smear

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 06:25:40 AM »

Joe gave me my first lesson on how to tie in and belay back in 93.Always a great sense of humor and just a great guy all around.
He will be missed by many.

Rest in peace my friend...

old_school

• NEClimbs God
  • "Climb Now, Work Later."
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 09:47:14 AM »

He sounds like a great guy and touched many people. My thoughts are with his family and all who knew him.
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

sneoh

• NEClimbs God

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 23 queries.