NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: 5.9/5.10 Trad Routes for Projecting via Self-Belayed Toprope  (Read 5544 times)

DLottmann

Re: 5.9/5.10 Trad Routes for Projecting via Self-Belayed Toprope
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2012, 12:28:18 AM »

it goes round and round and round again.... when does it stop? No one knows!

sport trad sport trad sport trad sport trad sport trad sport trad sport trad sport trad sport trad

when does it stop? No one knows!

HEAD EXPLODES

Anyone else sick of Lucky Luke (Champ) hijacking 50% of the threads on these forums with his endless debating of the differences of sport & trad? I for one am, to the point where I have seriously considered deleting my account... instead I'll start one of those fun polls to see how alone, or with company, I am.... NEIce somehow ran Champ off.... I don't know how... but I think if we ban together Al might just send Champ packing... no offense Champ, in person I liked talking to you... but here... you degrade this site with your repetitive rhetoric leeching into almost every topic... and the shit you say in eulogy posts... well I think Al has more than enough to justify banning you... but it ain't my site... let's see what those who vote here think... please move over to the poll I am creating...

SA

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2012, 08:08:42 AM »

So funny- I can't stop laughing!

lucky luke

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2012, 08:09:53 AM »

sport trad sport trad sport trad sport trad sport trad sport trad sport trad sport trad sport trad

In the forum, they already made a distinction: "For those who enjoy placing protection on their own"!!! M_spague clearly say:  "I bet if somebody asked him he would be fine with an anchor on Crack in the Woods. It's worth a call."

I understand that many people prefer more protection and follow shiny bolt. There will be more people who will do sport. In the reality, we shouldd see more people writing in sport section. it is not the case. People want to do trad, but there is just a few people who want to bollt or place permanent protection (three birtches cam) in the middle of the crux. 

The reality is that some of you just want to wrote your sport technique (top roping a route and working the route from the top instead of bottom up) in the trad section. Those who make sport and wanting to trad route are not as prepare because they cclimb 5.9 before learning how to protect themselve. The results is more accident cause by stupid things. The contrary of what you want.

I think that I respect all the condition of the forum. It is very respectfull of sport climber, It is on topic as there is no top rope route in sport except for beginers....and I gave some exercise for a trad climber climbing alone to train to do more safety route whith his budy.     

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2012, 08:43:48 AM »

So, Champ, a not so hypothetical question; is the practice of 'headpointing' trad or sport according to you?

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

JBrochu

• NEClimbs God
  • Doing God's work
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2012, 09:33:48 AM »

In the forum, they already made a distinction: "For those who enjoy placing protection on their own"!!! M_spague clearly say:  "I bet if somebody asked him he would be fine with an anchor on Crack in the Woods. It's worth a call."

I understand that many people prefer more protection and follow shiny bolt. There will be more people who will do sport. In the reality, we shouldd see more people writing in sport section. it is not the case. People want to do trad, but there is just a few people who want to bollt or place permanent protection (three birtches cam) in the middle of the crux. 

The reality is that some of you just want to wrote your sport technique (top roping a route and working the route from the top instead of bottom up) in the trad section. Those who make sport and wanting to trad route are not as prepare because they cclimb 5.9 before learning how to protect themselve. The results is more accident cause by stupid things. The contrary of what you want.

I think that I respect all the condition of the forum. It is very respectfull of sport climber, It is on topic as there is no top rope route in sport except for beginers....and I gave some exercise for a trad climber climbing alone to train to do more safety route whith his budy.     

« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 09:36:21 AM by JBrochu »
Have a quiche, now, or maybe a tort.  You deserve it!
-bristolpipe

I like to keep things simple, even if it's faaaken painful and miserable.
-Stoney Middleton

This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.
-Friar Tuck

JBrochu

• NEClimbs God
  • Doing God's work
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2012, 09:38:08 AM »

Your turn champ.

-bristolpipe

-Stoney Middleton

This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.
-Friar Tuck

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2012, 11:10:41 AM »

J- the brother with the 'fro may be the funniest thing ever on NE Climbs   :)

LL- have you done Crack In the Woods ??? If you have, you would know it needs an anchor.. if you have not then.......

JBrochu

• NEClimbs God
  • Doing God's work
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2012, 11:31:22 AM »

-bristolpipe

-Stoney Middleton

-Friar Tuck

DLottmann

« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2012, 11:57:25 AM »

Oh god I needed that... if he keeps generating these pics lets let him stay!

mopowers

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2012, 12:22:25 PM »

I dont read a single thing this guy writes (Lucky/Champ). I just seamlessly skip every one of his posts in a given thread. Does not bother me at all. For the longest time i was always just assuming he was talking about or to tradman since every one of his post starts with trad.

Back to the original topic if it even matters anymore. If your willing to drive to VT, Wheeler Mt has some great areas for toprope soloing. My first recommendation is the Moosehead Crack area. You can easily hike around to the top anchors for that area. From the same anchor you can set up for Moosehead Crack (5.8 crack) and Kind Gesture (5.10b slab/Face) without reconfiguring your anchor or adding directionals. Both are about 90' and clean and safe for toproping alone.

Continue past the Moosehead anchors following the trail will bring you to another set of rings. From these anchors you can lower and toprope The Switch and The Apprentice (5.10's). A little more of a commitment since they are 180' and involve a small roof at half height. Sometimes i only rap down to above the roof and climb up from there (5.9 on both from this point).

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2012, 12:35:30 PM »

Oh god I needed that... if he keeps generating these pics lets let him stay!
Try this line out -
"I do not always climb trad, but when I do, I climb it ground-up." .... "Stay ethical, my friends!". :):)

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

frik

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2012, 12:59:20 PM »

Or
"I don't always read LL/Champ, but when i does, my brain head, she hurtz"

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2012, 05:30:03 PM »

After hospital, i will climb sport, but on  toprope

tradmanclimbz

• NEClimbs God
  • Nick Goldsmith
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2012, 06:30:53 PM »

champ is not offensive in any way. His needle is just stuck and skipping on the record :-[

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2012, 06:47:14 PM »

After hospital, i will climb sport, but on  toprope
Really?  Say it ain't so, John.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14   Go Up

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 23 queries.