Author Topic: rescue problematic  (Read 1134 times)

DLottmann

Re: rescue problematic
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2012, 05:06:58 PM »
http://www.livefreeordiealliance.org/Issues/NegligentHikerLaw/tabid/2095/Default.aspx
http://www.unionleader.com/article/20120702/NEWS07/707039895
knowing about self arrest, pidgeon hole, etc...isnt it the problem of learning to climb? and a problematic to rescue?     

???  Not exactly sure what you are trying to say here...

Offline lucky luke

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2012, 05:11:07 PM »
    Licensed medical professionals have a license clause that states they must assist in time of need. Failure to do so can result in loss of their license.
Can it be apply for a climber in mt washington snowstorm? So, calling 911 automatically create an obligation???

Yes it does create an obligation...why would we have it if it didn't  ???

the post is just to know the probematic. if we have a number where we call like the 911 for climber, it could be a safe and good way to protect people an avoid costly rescue. i saw a rescue one time and they did it in half an hours, i didn't have time to arrive at the belay than the guy came on the bottom, climb the cliff take the guy and bring him to the bottom safely. Ounce we know the problematic, we can find solution in the same way as we know our technique we can find a solution

Offline ELM

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2012, 07:26:05 PM »
Actually you asked if there was any "legal issues" that was all I was addressing.
I'm not sure what the rest of your post ment...I just hope that a "probematic" is not in my future.
Ed Matt
" I release my attention: because of you now I am in danger!!! " -Champ

Offline lucky luke

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2012, 08:20:18 PM »
Actually you asked if there was any "legal issues" that was all I was addressing.
I'm not sure what the rest of your post ment...I just hope that a "probematic" is not in my future.
Thanks
and no rescue too!