NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Huntington Ravine  (Read 1410 times)

angeloks

• NEClimbs Newbie
Re: Huntington Ravine
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2012, 01:00:16 PM »

Great pics, glad you had a fun day. You may have gotten the first dual leashless Ergo ascent of the Huntington Ravine trail...  ;)

Haha, indeed ! My friend didn't have any tools, so I borrowed these for him. It worked out !

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2012, 01:38:53 PM »

great pics, thanks for posting them. looks like it was a GREAT day... gotta love that Huntington Ravine "Trail"!
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com

old_school

• NEClimbs God
  • "Climb Now, Work Later."
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2012, 06:55:33 AM »

Was up there yesterday...damn did that approach suck, and the tucks trail was covered by about 3" of snow when we came down it hiding the ice so we opted for the crampons as the snow was balling up on the micro spikes rendering them useless. I can't tell you how much fun that boney trail is with crampons! Lion Head was a real treat too!  lol my knees and ankles may never recover, but the climbing was fun. Full on conditions up there by 3PM on the Garden and snows pounded is right down to the parking lot!
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

Jeff

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2012, 08:58:41 AM »

The current storm's snow should help with the approach and descent--let's hope it continues and gives us some REAL depth!! About 6" on the rail of my deck in Bartlett at the moment and it's snowing hard with tiny flakes--Bring It, Mother Nature!!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 23 queries.