General > General Climbing

The Most Fun Climbs..

(1/14) > >>

tradmanclimbz:
Climbing is supposed to be fun. Climbing for me at least is a hell of a lot more than chest thumping over a dangerous climb.  Climbing is  a way of life for me (except when work gets in the damn way!) and climbing is fun :)

these are some of my favorite Fun climbs in the north east.. Climbs that I go back and repete multiple times some of them even hundreds of times :-[

Multi pitch rock. in no praaticuler order. completly random and  probobly missing a bunch..

NH
 The eaglet 7
Rt66 8
Flat Iron 8
Recombeast w/ Prow Finish 10a
Sleeping beauty 10d
The Book 10a
lost Soles 10a
Inferno 8
Toe crack 6
Sea Of Holes 8
Endevor 7
WG 8
Moby 8
Vertigo 9
Accross the Universe 5.9 to that, crack, chimny , face  cool face 10a Kurt winkler thing on Upper Willard.

VT

Great Corner 11a  Wheeler(still fun despite missing the 2nd pin in the buisness. It was MORE FUN with the fixed gear and would be even better if the damn pins were fixed w/ bolts :P

Isabella 10a bird mtn.

NY

Hessitation 8
Overture   9
Partition 9
Bloody mary 9
The matrix 5.8
Screaming Meanie 5.8 5.6X
CCK 8
Roseland 9
Birdland 9-
Bonnies Roof 9
HE 6
Directisima 9
  shockleys 6
Son of easy O
etc..
heck pretty much everything @ the Gunks

Single pitch rock and ice routs to follow .. got to crash now....

DLottmann:
Your NH list pretty much echos mine... I'll add some and comment on others:

NH
The eaglet 7
Rt66 8
Flat Iron 8 (Did you mean Salt Packed? because that should definitely be on the list.
Recombeast w/ Prow Finish 10a
Sleeping beauty 10d
The Book 10a
lost Soles 10a
Inferno 8
Toe crack 6
Sea Of Holes 8 (I like Sliding Board better)
Endevor 7
WG 8
Moby 8
Vertigo 9
Accross the Universe 5.9 to that, crack, chimny , face  cool face 10a Kurt winkler thing on Upper Willard. ( What is this Winkler thing, sounds awesome)

OK, true additions:

Saigons
Rapid Transit (3rd Pitch) 5.9
Bombardment to Black Lung 5.8
The Roof to Raise the Roof (3 pitch at the N. End of Cathedral, should see more traffic than it gets!) 5.8
Childrens Crusade 1st 3 pitches 5.9

sneoh:
I like DMan's additions to NC.
For The Gunks and below .10, I would add Something Interesting, Strictly From Nowhere, Alphonse, Farewell To Arms (make sure second is solid on the traverse), and MF (avoid the runout direct finish).

List for Rumney?
I will start it off with Underdog, Rock du Jours, P2, Stairway To Heaven.  And that is just some in the .9+/.10a range at one crag!

strandman:
Does "fun" only mean 5.10 and under ?

Direct-Direct is WAY fun

so are;

reach the Sky
Lights In the Forest
Crack In the Woods
Puttin' In Time

A blast each and everytime

strandman:
And no chest thumping.. just ball clutching  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version