NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Most Fun Climbs..  (Read 3586 times)

JBrochu

• NEClimbs God
  • Doing God's work
Re: The Most Fun Climbs..
« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2012, 11:11:18 AM »

Speaking of x positions, it's probably a good day to get some avalanche experience by heading up into the ravine and getting in an avalanche.
Have a quiche, now, or maybe a tort.  You deserve it!
-bristolpipe

I like to keep things simple, even if it's faaaken painful and miserable.
-Stoney Middleton

This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.
-Friar Tuck

tradmanclimbz

• NEClimbs God
  • Nick Goldsmith
« Reply #61 on: December 27, 2012, 11:22:09 AM »

I miss Champ. I wish he would contribute to this thread and give his list of fun climbs rather than lecture us on how we should be climbing in his opinion.

JBrochu

• NEClimbs God
  • Doing God's work
« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2012, 11:26:36 AM »

Have a quiche, now, or maybe a tort.  You deserve it!
-bristolpipe

I like to keep things simple, even if it's faaaken painful and miserable.
-Stoney Middleton

This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.
-Friar Tuck

Bill

• NEClimbs Full Member
  • It's All Good, Just Climb!
« Reply #63 on: December 27, 2012, 04:09:19 PM »

Thoroughly enjoying the thread, prompts great memories! So, at the risk of getting back on topic ....

Before getting started a disclaimer regarding lead level:  I led my first 5.10 this year.

Old Town was one of my first 5.7 leads and remains one of my favorites. What a lovely climb. Moving up from the belay I took a long, long look at Return To Forever.  It looked to be a beautiful line and I'm a big Chick Corea fan.  But it was beyond by limit at the time and I went up the pitch to the right of it, 2nd P of Gunklandia or Story of O?  Need to get back up there and do "git'r dun".

I always enjoy going up Moby and have done it several times and will do it again.  The Eaglet was a blast. I loved mantling up and standing on the top! "Top of the world Ma! Top of the world!" Have now made a mental note to hump up there next year and do it again.

I have never had a bad day on the NE Ridge of The Pinnacle.  For a cragger like me it is my alpine adventure!

I have probably led Intertwine at Crow Hill a hundred times and will likely lead it a hundred more.  Short but very sweet. 

Have been spending a fair amount of time at the Crag That Cannot Be Named here in Mass the last two years.  There are a couple of climbs there with significant potential to make my "most fun" list. Need to get some additional time there before adding any of them.  Don't want to be hasty with these important decisions!

I have spent a lot of time at the Gunks and there are two climbs I don't think I will ever tire of doing. There is just something about Yellow Ridge that I really enjoy.  If I'm in the Nears and it is open I will often run up it to cap off the day.  However now that I have done Dog-Stick-Ridge I may have seen the last of the off-width on P1 of YR.  It is a blast and you still get the "Ridge".  Whether leading or following I always enjoy Bonnie's Roof especially now that I have experienced Bonnie's Direct.

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #64 on: December 27, 2012, 06:32:43 PM »

I miss Champ. I wish he would contribute to this thread and give his list of fun climbs rather than lecture us on how we should be climbing in his opinion.
[/q

I miss him like a tumor

Griffin

• NEClimbs Junior Member
« Reply #65 on: December 28, 2012, 05:38:32 PM »

Some that quickly come to memory

Humphrey's: Robinson Crusoe 1st pitch.
Cathedral: Flailing my way up the Prow (only made it to the space station before we got too thirsty, but it was so fun)
Whitehorse: Hotter than Hell to Inferno, two trips especially stick out with good friends.
At Echo Crag: No Pigs, remember that day DMan? Super fun, perfect weather, styrofoam cooler with Belfast Bay Lobster Red Ale.
Cannon: The first time climbing the Whit, the day before Thanksgiving.

DLottmann

« Reply #66 on: December 28, 2012, 08:40:33 PM »

...The Eaglet was a blast. I loved mantling up and standing on the top! "Top of the world Ma! Top of the world!" Have now made a mental note to hump up there next year and do it again....

Next time you hump up there do Salt Packed Pig Sack first... ultra classic 5.8 IMO, then rap and climb the Eaglet to finish... excellent day... add Route 66 if you are ambitious and moving fast...

At Echo Crag: No Pigs, remember that day DMan? Super fun, perfect weather, styrofoam cooler with Belfast Bay Lobster Red Ale...

Griffin, long time no see man. Hope you are well... yes, No Pigs is a really fun route, love the nearby Arete and Buck Toothed Chicken Splitter...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 23 queries.