Author Topic: Rubber for resoles  (Read 519 times)

Offline sneoh

• NEClimbs God
Rubber for resoles
« on: December 18, 2012, 04:37:22 PM »
I need to get both my Miura Lace and Katana Lace resoled (one from wear and the other from delamination).

I see my choices as XS Edge, XS Grip/Grip2, Stealth C4, or Stealth Onyxx.
I am finding that Grip2 on my Scrapa Vapor is wearing way too fast for my liking and I had terrible pitting problems with C4 years ago (is this still the case?).

The KL came with XS Edge and I am inclined to stay with that assuming it is poor Sportiva quality control that led to the delamination and not the rubber itself.

So, what is the Onyxx like, compared to Edge or Grip/Grip2?  Has anyone tried it on a shoe like the Miura Lace or Katana Lace?
I think it is the standard rubber for the Anasazi and Galileo.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 04:40:54 PM by sneoh »

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
Re: Rubber for resoles
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 06:16:47 PM »
I know you may want to stay local BUT,, the rubber room in bishop is the best resoler in the land. They have all stuff and perfect work

Let them advise

Offline old_school

• NEClimbs God
  • "Climb Now, Work Later."
Re: Rubber for resoles
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 07:26:24 AM »
Xs Grip is fantastic, but I would have to say that the Onyxx is a bit stickier and wears just as well as the XS Grip. Stay away from the edge IMO...delams, too stiff and lacks the sensitivity that I look for in a sole.
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."