Author Topic: Evolution Rock + Fitness Grand Opening  (Read 840 times)

Offline thehily

• NEClimbs Newbie
Evolution Rock + Fitness Grand Opening
« on: January 03, 2013, 12:27:58 AM »
Hey Climbers!!!

Be sure to come to the Evolution Rock + Fitness Grand Opening in Concord, NH this Sat, Jan. 5th! Northern New England's newest and largest climbing gym.    8)

The day will be full of fun activities including shoe demos, aerial yoga demos, a competition that has bouldering, slacklining, cross training challenge, and NH climbing trivia!! Team format - 2 people per team AND selected films from Uncommon Ground, Sick. Climbing In New England and Dosage.

Check out our website at www.evolutionrock.com or follow us on Facebook!!

Hope to see you all there!!

Offline M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
Re: Evolution Rock + Fitness Grand Opening
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 10:12:40 AM »
 Hily, will there be plenty of non competition climbing available that day? I am planning on coming up.
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline thehily

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 11:00:38 AM »
Yes! open climbing all day! Roped climbing will be going on during the competition too.

Offline JBrochu

• NEClimbs God
  • Doing God's work
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 10:20:42 AM »
Bump
Have a quiche, now, or maybe a tort.  You deserve it!
-bristolpipe

I like to keep things simple, even if it's faaaken painful and miserable.
-Stoney Middleton

This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.
-Friar Tuck

Offline frik

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 10:23:45 AM »
So there will be actual climbing going on at this "climbing" gym?

Offline eyebolter

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 05:09:39 PM »
So there will be actual climbing going on at this "climbing" gym?

So long as climbing plastic is climbing.   I'll be there tommorrow and Ill let you know, but I'm guessing there are routes with slightly harder moves than on shoestring gully.

Offline eyebolter

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 08:12:41 PM »
Well I went to the grand opening at the insistence of Mrs. Eyebolter (despite the fact that it was 40 and sunny and full sending conditions for bouldering outside).

Great steep wall, great route setting, great bouldering but not as extensive as central rock here in Mass.   Great 10d out an overhanging arete on the right side of the cave.   You guys who thinks sport 10's are soft should check it out. 

Bottom line is that it will improve your climbing for sure.

Offline sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2013, 11:24:52 PM »
Great 10d out an overhanging arete on the right side of the cave.   You guys who thinks sport 10's are soft should check it out. 
Thanks for the report, Ward. 
Yeah, all my friends who have been single out this .10d route as the route to do at Evo.  Let's hope I get out there before it gets replaced.
As you know, the CRG boys will be bringing a gigantic gym on line (in Watertown MA) early Spring.  I would very much like to check it out ... perhaps I should volunteer to set there for the opening .....

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

Offline sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 08:48:00 AM »
Oh, sorry, Central Rock Gym - http://www.centralrockgym.com/

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ