NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why Scarpa Why???  (Read 1758 times)

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
Re: Why Scarpa Why???
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2013, 02:39:06 PM »

I thought I was going to blow chunks at the gym the other day when some kid took off his Defy's 5 feet from me.  Wow :(  Even my Spotiva Taos (all black synthetic upper) never got close to that bad smelling. 

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

Jeff

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2013, 03:38:19 PM »

"....you may be looking for a new roomate!  " So, did Kerin threaten you Grammy? Inquiring minds... ;D

old_school

• NEClimbs God
  • "Climb Now, Work Later."
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2013, 04:11:03 PM »

"....you may be looking for a new roomate!  " So, did Kerin threaten you Grammy? Inquiring minds... ;D

I sleep on the couch now Jeff!    ;D
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2013, 06:22:48 PM »

I thought I was going to blow chunks at the gym the other day when some kid took off his Defy's 5 feet from me.  Wow :(  Even my Spotiva Taos (all black synthetic upper) never got close to that bad smelling.

those things were rank !!!

I have always chalked my feet, initially because coach Niland did it and since because it works.. You get pretty funny looks as well (not that i need those)

pappy

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2013, 07:14:18 PM »

And next, be able to get half size different shoes !! That won't happen
I believe a lot of climbers 'need' this, I among them!
My left foot is longer but lower volume than my right so I am always taking off or loosening my left shoe first.  Shoes that do not stretch at least 1/2 size just don't work for me.

100% agree. My left foot is a bit wider and at least 1/4 - 1/2" longer than my right. Evolv allows you to order two sizes.

Actually, the tolerance control on shoes sucks: There is generally quite a bit of variation within a given size. I know I use 9s usually, so I'll have the store guy bring me 4 or 5 pairs of 9s of the model I'm interested in, try on all the left shoes until I find the best one, then ditto for all the right. I'm sure I'm a pain in the ass, but I do buy the shoes from them. Because of this, it's kind of dumb to buy shoes online anyway.

old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2013, 11:40:36 AM »

Maybe i just suck it up and get used to the trend. Frigging hate that rubber though... >:(
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

wiggins

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2013, 04:23:53 PM »

moosejaw's got the instincts for 90$, they're great shoe so are the vapor lace's that i saw on sale for under a hundred  the prices of shoes has gone crazy....  170 for alot of the new models wtf

old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2013, 04:31:24 PM »

moosejaw's got the instincts for 90$, they're great shoe so are the vapor lace's that i saw on sale for under a hundred  the prices of shoes has gone crazy....  170 for alot of the new models wtf

Vapor lace is fantastic. I love my instincts...best shoe I have ever worn. Going to sell my 43.5's to get another pair of the 45's with the xs grip 2 before they switch over.

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2013, 12:07:49 AM »

I have the Vapor V; great shoe even though it does not fit me all that well.  But I blew through the Grip 2 rubber really quickly.  I think I might get them resoled with Onyxx as an experiment.
Just sent in my Sportiva Katana Lace to be resoled with XS Grip!  Hope they get me up something hard this coming season.  :)

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2013, 10:12:34 AM »

I have the Vapor V; great shoe even though it does not fit me all that well.  But I blew through the Grip 2 rubber really quickly.  I think I might get them resoled with Onyxx as an experiment.
Just sent in my Sportiva Katana Lace to be resoled with XS Grip!  Hope they get me up something hard this coming season.  :)

Loved my Vapor V's too. I did find that with that slingshot rand that it dug into my achilles. It got better over time, but never went fully away. Great shoe though

bennybrew

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2013, 11:34:06 AM »

instincts with xsgrip2 $99 at theclymb dot com right now.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 23 queries.