NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 2012 warmest ever  (Read 1459 times)

JBrochu

• NEClimbs God
  • Doing God's work
Re: 2012 warmest ever
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2013, 05:12:20 PM »

5% lolz. Pretty hardcore no wonder you guys crank the hard grades.
Have a quiche, now, or maybe a tort.  You deserve it!
-bristolpipe

I like to keep things simple, even if it's faaaken painful and miserable.
-Stoney Middleton

This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.
-Friar Tuck

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2013, 05:16:20 PM »

5"5" and 126# (with that I eat and drink whatever and whenever I want).  I am aiming for 121 come Oct 2013.  I was at 116 when my goal was to send my hardest sport climb but 121 is a happy weight for me.  At 116, I was technically wasting away, according to my friend Ajax.  Plus/minus 1 letter grade every 2 or 3 ponds for me.

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

eyebolter

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2013, 05:26:28 PM »

Yeah, the 19 year old German kid in the new Rock and Ice is 5'8" and 116....he's flashed 14c, onsighted one 14b and eight 14a's.

I would be dead at 116 pounds, but the lighter you can be for your build, the better.

JBrochu

• NEClimbs God
  • Doing God's work
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2013, 05:27:17 PM »

5'11" and 191# and that's after recently losing 30#.   :P

My goal is 170# by May 1, but even that will only put me somewhere between 10% to 15% bodyfat--I think.
-bristolpipe

-Stoney Middleton

This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.
-Friar Tuck

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2013, 05:35:47 PM »

I cheated though by chopping my hair off. Probably saved 6 lbs there  ;D

Did you save the cut hair?  If you did, try the "Ben Moon" move; auction the hair for charity! :)

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2013, 05:53:43 PM »

I'll remember that when I shave my back for the big send.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 05:55:27 PM by M_Sprague »
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

eyebolter

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2013, 08:24:35 PM »

5'11" and 191# and that's after recently losing 30#.   :P

My goal is 170# by May 1, but even that will only put me somewhere between 10% to 15% bodyfat--I think.

Don't know your build..Sharma is like 165 pounds, but probably 5% or less bodyfat.  The bottom line is that the leaner you can be for your body type, the better, within reason.    If you get too thin then you do lose strength, but probably 95% of NE Climbs readers (especially ice climbers) are far from being too thin.

Being thin also helps you live longer; calorie restriction is the one proven way to extent your lifespan.

JBrochu

• NEClimbs God
  • Doing God's work
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2013, 09:46:58 PM »

I'm guessing 5% for me would be about 155 but I've never really got much less than 165 even when I was dieting and training my ass off. At this point I would be thrilled to be climbing at 165 to 170 again after being > 190 for so long.
-bristolpipe

-Stoney Middleton

-Friar Tuck

ed_esmond

• NEClimbs Full Member
  • if you can't laugh at yourself..
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2013, 09:27:55 PM »

Try 170 if you think you are fat. Yes I flashed that 10d but I felt it at the top!   Funny I can still climb 12c and V6 so I should shred if I get back to 155 (148 is the least I've ever weighed as an adult, when I put up Barracuda, and Ed said that I looked like a skinned chicken).

I'm on a no wheat, no dessert, no booze except weekends diet and I'm hiking or skiing with Ella every day.  The baby has killed me, being housebound 5 days a week, but I'm going out rain or shine now.

As sports nutritionist Michael Colgan said: "Nothing tastes as good as lean and mean feels."

actually, i said that you looked like a "skinned squirrel... "  which would you want to be: a hyper-scampering squirrel or a dumb-cluck chicken??? ;)

i hear, it's all about keeping your metabolism roaring so you can burn off calories.  how to do that, i have no fracking clue....  i swear, i gain weight wether i'm eating carrot sticks or ham sammiches... (i even tried pouring flax oil on the ham sammiches...)

ed e

ps. marky-mark: 148lbs???  i would kill to be 148 lbs.  now you know how the rest of us lard-asses feel...

pps. while i'm psyched for warm temps for climbing; we do need long, cold freezes to keep those bad germs, bugs, ticks, etc, etc under control.  15 years ago there weren't any deer ticks (or lyme disease) in western mass or vermont, now every critter out there is carrying some awful bug.  i can't help but believe it due to warmer temperatures.

ppps. ward: the "no booze" thing may be the unfortunate answer to our weight problems....
pragmatic: (adj) dealing with the problems that exist in a specific situation in a reasonable and logical way instead of depending on ideas and theories.

old_school

• NEClimbs God
  • "Climb Now, Work Later."
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2013, 08:01:27 AM »

6' 00" 210 lbs...you guys get no sympathy. Actually down to 206 (second week of diet and excercise).  :-\
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

DWT

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2013, 08:30:18 AM »

Hi boys  ;)

I'm 6'0" 200lbs.  My measurements are 34-30-34.  I enjoy long scary trad routes, delaminating ice, and bailing in the rain.  Guilty pleasures...ham sammiches, sport climbing in lycra, and the movie Old Yellar.   :-*

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2013, 08:44:59 AM »

52F at 8am down here this morning.  WARM.

Perfect (male) climber's build - 5'9" or 10", +3 or +4" ape index, 140/150 lbs.  Wish I had that! :)

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2013, 01:51:30 PM »

60F and sunny at noon!!

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2013, 02:05:44 PM »

I did notice the Pats cheerleaders had on the really short shorts yesterday   :-*

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2013, 02:27:07 PM »

50+ here at Cathedral Ledge. unfortunately it's sunny as well.
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 24 queries.