NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Winter length in the Dacks  (Read 325 times)

hobbsj

• NEClimbs Full Member
Winter length in the Dacks
« on: January 13, 2013, 07:20:50 PM »

I'm wanting to take a trip to the Dacks, but my wife is due to pop mid to late February and not too keen on my heading out in February.  Something about being there for the birth or some other nonsense.  So, I'm hoping to duck out soon after.  Question is how long does winter last in the Dacks?  Is ice usually reliable through mid-march in normal years, or is it a crap shoot by that point?

Thanks.

kenreville

• NEClimbs Senior Member
Re: Winter length in the Dacks
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 08:39:04 PM »

Mid March? Most years.

Regardless, you probably oughta postpone this one.

Just sayin.

hobbsj

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 06:41:12 AM »

Can't postpone it--  if I start trying to be a good father now,the bar will be set and I'll never be able to weasel out of anything and I can't have people thinking I want to be a good father :-)  But everything has been worked out with the wife including in-laws visiting who I can't stand and what not to keep things safe on the home front.

Thanks for the info

WharfRat

• NEClimbs Junior Member
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 09:56:55 AM »

John all signs seem to be pointing to you being overly excited about the little bundle of joy you have on the way ;)

Good luck man....

Can't postpone it--  if I start trying to be a good father now,the bar will be set and I'll never be able to weasel out of anything and I can't have people thinking I want to be a good father :-)  But everything has been worked out with the wife including in-laws visiting who I can't stand and what not to keep things safe on the home front.

Thanks for the info

JBrochu

• NEClimbs God
  • Doing God's work
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 10:02:58 AM »

But everything has been worked out with the wife including in-laws visiting

Every time I go on a climbing trip the in-laws visit for the week. I'm starting to think they don't like me.  :P
Have a quiche, now, or maybe a tort.  You deserve it!
-bristolpipe

I like to keep things simple, even if it's faaaken painful and miserable.
-Stoney Middleton

This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.
-Friar Tuck

triguy

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 10:27:03 AM »

LOL, my wife said the same in reverse.....every time her sister comes for a visit i go climbing!

She new something was up when I went to the indoor gym.....I never climb indoors!
Ice has two purposes in life: climbing and watering down bad scotch!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 22 queries.