NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are ice climbers terrorists?  (Read 802 times)

eyebolter

• NEClimbs God
Are ice climbers terrorists?
« on: January 15, 2013, 09:03:32 AM »

Department of Homeland Security has been forced to release the key words used in their data mining of social websites (Facebook, etc.).

Among the keys words terrorist are likely to use are (I'm not kidding): Storm, Snow, Sleet, Blizzard, and Ice.

Thank God they are keeping us safe!  I guess when you have 230,000 employees and not enough terrorists you need to create some.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2I13TPjSs

JBrochu

• NEClimbs God
  • Doing God's work
Re: Are ice climbers terrorists?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 09:33:13 AM »

That's pretty funny because those words also seem to be among the most likely to be chosen by our own armed services when naming operations.
Have a quiche, now, or maybe a tort.  You deserve it!
-bristolpipe

I like to keep things simple, even if it's faaaken painful and miserable.
-Stoney Middleton

This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.
-Friar Tuck

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 10:24:07 AM »

I dunno, those words frighten me   :)

xcrag_corex

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 11:27:08 AM »

all those sharp picks.....the ability to withstand a wide range of temps.....whatever will we do to avoid these Chilling Menaces :o
(I hope they don't catch on that I am part of this organization)
-Jeremy Ballou

"know how to rock, ain't afraid to roll"

JBrochu

• NEClimbs God
  • Doing God's work
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 12:57:54 PM »

Send an ice climber...

To Dairy Queen...

Hmmm...

Code Faaken Orange.

-bristolpipe

-Stoney Middleton

This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.
-Friar Tuck

xcrag_corex

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 07:39:01 PM »

Only thing that pint of Dairy Queen is terrorizing is Honey Boo Boos waistline.
-Jeremy Ballou

"know how to rock, ain't afraid to roll"

ed_esmond

• NEClimbs Full Member
  • if you can't laugh at yourself..
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 09:55:05 PM »

Department of Homeland Security has been forced to release the key words used in their data mining of social websites (Facebook, etc.).

Among the keys words terrorist are likely to use are (I'm not kidding):Dangerous word removed so I won't held accountable

Thank God they are keeping us safe!  I guess when you have 230,000 employees and not enough terrorists you need to create some.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2I13TPjSs
Ward,

Your post is disturbing on just so many levels….

While the NRA/2nd Amendment Gun Nuts™ wail that they need 30 round magazines and flash suppressors to protect themselves from government “tyranny;” no one (except maybe you and me) seem to be bothered the DHS, NSA (and probably the CIA and FBI) can and will “data mine” (ie. “read”) personal communications without a warrant.  Maybe no one else thinks violating the 4th Amendment also “tyranny?”

Is the 2nd Amendment that much more important than the 4th?

(I do understand that the 2nd Amendment is sooo much more fun than the 4th….  Think about it: what’s more fun: saying anything you like, or blasting things to pieces as fast as you can pull the trigger???)

On a personal note: I hope you realize your post listing those five “key words” immediately put you on a “Government Watch List?”

Sorry to say, but if “they” (you know, the guys in the black SUVs,) come to talk to me about you; I’ll have to rat you out…

If I were you, I’d keep a sharp eye out for the “black helicopters….

Always,

ed

ps: I followed the link you posted , but this is what came up:

Sorry...
The page you have requested does not exist or is no longer available...

But I did find these headlines on the homepage:

Jodi Arias called her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander's cell phone four times after she allegedly stabbed him to death in his shower in June 2008.

Stand just a little bit closer': Photograph captures tourist seconds before she was gored by rhinoceros after gamekeeper told her to move towards them.

Woman loses her thumb in freak accident while pumping her gas.

Is this giant nest Bigfoot's lair? Footage captures large unexplained structure in the remote forests of Arizona.

The sick prank that backfired: Couple face federal charges after they 'planted fake bomb at middle school . . . as a joke'.

And (my fave, as it shows Russian politicians can be just as wacky as any American):

Yeti 'is an alien sent to earth to watch over things' claims Russian council's deputy leader who insists he's seen it several times
pragmatic: (adj) dealing with the problems that exist in a specific situation in a reasonable and logical way instead of depending on ideas and theories.

JBrochu

• NEClimbs God
  • Doing God's work
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 10:57:55 PM »

Damn that site is a gold mine. My favorite headline:

The 18-year-old YouTube prankster facing JAIL after he burst into cinema and started giving the audience WEDGIES
-bristolpipe

-Stoney Middleton

-Friar Tuck

pappy

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 09:31:55 AM »

They are watching. A number of years ago I posted on an ice climbing site that I had a friend in Six, and that they had a climbing wall with artificial ice holds. 'They' found the post and called him in to give him a super ration of sh!t, I guess because I mentioned Six existed and where they are based. Pretty fucking funny as they've since been plastered all over the media after the OBL raid (and a Google search would have found the same info anyway). Fortunately, he has since gone back to making obscene amounts of money in the private sector, so, government watchdogs, here's to you   :P  (Al, you really need an emoticon with a big fat middle finger).
If you're gonna be stupid, you gotta be tough.

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 09:43:32 AM »

NICE

A buddy of mine out here is also in the "private sector" now.. makes $5K a week, stateside

Calls my house " a good , defendable position"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 23 queries.