General > Climbing Gear Q & A

rope recomendations

<< < (2/8) > >>

Admin Al:
I love my Sterling ropes. This fall I got a 70 meter bi-color and it has been great. Highly recommended.

sneoh:

--- Quote from: strandman on January 16, 2013, 12:20:27 pm ---
--- Quote from: neiceclimber on January 16, 2013, 11:16:02 am ---Can't go wrong with either sterling or mammut ropes.

--- End quote ---

I could not agree more.

--- End quote ---
+1. 
My latest is a BW 9.9.  No complaints so far but does not handle quite as nice as a Sterling Velocity 9.8.

M_Sprague:
I have become a fan of Sterling too lately. I really like my Velocity 9.8. I used to use Mammuts, but it seemed like the last ones I got kinked up quite a bit. What ever you do, get a cool looking one. It makes you climb better.

sneoh:
Yeah a friend of mine did/does not like his Mammut Tusk 9.8. 
I had a Mammut Galaxy 10mm for years.  Tough cookie; I was unable to kill it b4 I decided to retire it due to age.  It does not look all that different on the outside now comapred to the day I bought it.

xcrag_corex:
I had a good run on a Beal 9.8... I'd recommend it. My first rope ever was a sterling....that thing was great too!!! It sits in my closet. I don't have the heart to get rid of it. Maybe someday it will become one of those fancy rope rugs. It doesn't seem to be turning into one on its own tho....haha.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version