General > Ice & Winter Climbing

How was your Ice Festival 2013?

(1/6) > >>

Admin Al:
So how was your weekend? What did you climb? Did you get on what you wanted?

I thought it was a great weekend. There was lots of ice, it was better than expected and it got better every day.

My weekend started during the insanely warm Thursday (55 degrees), but on Friday we grabbed Standard Route and the slab to the right of HG:

Saturday was an excellent day summiting Willard via the slab right of LHMW and The Cleft:

Today I didnít work so I enjoyed a day in Portland bringing the kiddo to the Childrenís Museum there...

I was a bit bummed to miss the evening events but I think once Alex is a solid 2 years old heíll be more amped for some climbing slideshows ;)

Great weekend!  Mount Oscar Friday, Central Couloir on Saturday, Mount Hale and Elephant Head Sunday.  With the exception of Mount Oscar we found and climbed ice all weekend.

My ice fests have been great this winter. stayed as far away from them as possible and managed to avoid the crowds 8)

I took my daughter to Disney on Ice on Saturday, then went skiing on ice at Cannon on Sunday. (Actually Cannon was better than we expected.)

When I used to ice climb we always headed for Smuggs during Icefest.

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version