NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: rope recomendations  (Read 2273 times)

OldEric

• NEClimbs Senior Member
  • climb on
Re: rope recomendations
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2013, 10:11:42 PM »

Yeah the psycho rope was bad - especially the way it grabbed your ankles- indestructible though.  Unfortunately reputations and initial impressions take a long time to change.  That's why us old farts will never buy New England, PMI, Maxim or Petzl.  And Sterling and Mammut can do no wrong.  My Tusk does seem a bit psycho though...

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2013, 12:22:08 PM »

I wouldn't use NE ropes when they GAVE me one..... I still think you get what you pay for...Eric- the Tusk is a 9.8 ??

OldEric

• NEClimbs Senior Member
  • climb on
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2013, 02:10:01 PM »

I wouldn't use NE ropes when they GAVE me one..... I still think you get what you pay for...Eric- the Tusk is a 9.8 ??

Yeah the Tusk is a 9.8.  It was cheap...

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2013, 02:12:39 PM »

John, having used Eric's rope, I can tell you the Tusk deos not handle or wear like the Galaxy.
Honestly, I cannot say it is a bad rope, it is just not as good as the more expensive Mammut ropes.

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

eyebolter

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2013, 05:00:22 PM »

Unfortunately reputations and initial impressions take a long time to change.  That's why us old farts will never buy New England, PMI, Maxim or Petzl. 

Right you are.  I was in high school and working as a dishwasher for $2.25 an hour in the 70's when I bought a Beal rope for big bucks that wore out in less than a month.

How many do you think I have purchased since?

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2013, 05:04:57 PM »

zero- point- zero   ?
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 23 queries.