General > New Ice Routes

New Stuff ??

(1/3) > >>

strandman:
Given the current freeze/thaw, here's one i have always thought would be a cool ice/mixed line.

Right of Crack in the Woods and just left of Pumping Station is a wet,steep, crazy crack/corner. i have NEVER seen it dry during maybe 15 visits to this crag. the steep corner leads to pumping Station 5.10 hand/fist crack finish and this section of cliff is shaded

have fun !

M_Sprague:
Speaking of new stuff, did anybody get to ski/snowshoe out to the eastern Green's crags this winter? I had hoped to, but have had no chance and it doesn't look like I am going to get one. There is a sweet looking steep (some overhanging) wet gully out there that looks like it would provide great new routing potential. There is probably a bunch more there too.
http://www.mountainproject.com/v/107271173
In winter you would want to approach from below.

Sawyer pond is just down and right out of the picture.

darwined:
I looked at Greens through a scope a month ago.  Granted it was the side you see from the Kanc but, I didnt see anything that looked in.  Is this picture left or right of the view from the Kanc?

strandman:
This pic is to the right looking from the Kanc. A bit hard to see this section. The main green's faces mostly south .
A long approach from sawyer 'cause the road is closed

M_Sprague:
Right. From the Kanc the cliff with the cleft would be pretty much on edge, so you probably wouldn't be able to see much.  I took the photos from a long way away, actually from the right cliff at Owls, and then stitched them together. That is why it is so blurry. From the left cliff you would get a much better view. If I get a chance for a snowshoe I might run in there to get a better picture, or maybe just see how it is coming in from the north to the pond.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version