NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sundown Roof  (Read 296 times)

Abpelton

• NEClimbs Newbie
Sundown Roof
« on: August 07, 2014, 07:41:33 AM »

I sent this roof fist crack problem yesterday at boulder loop. It is right in the first collection of boulders, lookers right of the short cliff in the very beginning. Its really hard to miss if you are out there looking for boulder problems. It had to have been climbed before, I was wondering if anyone had any info on it. Honestly, if anyone has any info on bouldering in the valley, I would love to talk to them. In the last few years I have scrubbed, cleaned, or excavated hundreds of problems and in those countless hours/days I have maybe run into two people who actually spend the day out bouldering instead of roping up. WTF, where are all the boulderers!?!

JChepes

• NEClimbs Full Member
Re: Sundown Roof
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 04:59:15 PM »

CRASHPADDER!!!!!!!!

eyebolter

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 05:40:50 PM »

I sent this roof fist crack problem yesterday at boulder loop. It is right in the first collection of boulders, lookers right of the short cliff in the very beginning. Its really hard to miss if you are out there looking for boulder problems. It had to have been climbed before, I was wondering if anyone had any info on it. Honestly, if anyone has any info on bouldering in the valley, I would love to talk to them. In the last few years I have scrubbed, cleaned, or excavated hundreds of problems and in those countless hours/days I have maybe run into two people who actually spend the day out bouldering instead of roping up. WTF, where are all the boulderers!?!

Dave Graham and Luke Paraday climbed a bunch of things out there, don't know if it is written up anywhere.

Not all, but many of the boulderers are working on contrived V11 variants two feet from existing problems at existing areas.  Few want to walk, clean lichen, or climb anything easier than V10.

Check out Potash Knob.  Not a ton of things to do, but some real quality highballs up for grabs.  The only thing I did there was a 20 foot handcrack that was maybe V4 from a sit down to an easy handcrack corner finish.  Classic, but probably never repeated.

The approach is described in "Secrets of the Notch," but the last time I went out there there was no longer any sign of a trail.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 05:42:25 PM by eyebolter »

joev9

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 08:52:08 AM »

If eyebolter gives you a lead on some boulders, you better take his advice.  Never been to a spot that eyebolter found that didn't have great bouldering...

Abpelton

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 09:06:07 PM »

Oh, it's next on the list for sure, and I really appreciate the tip eyebolter. I'm always looking for more boulders. So, if you got more, I don't mind hiking. Or scrubbing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 23 queries.