NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Bouldering Season is here!  (Read 4472 times)

eyebolter

• NEClimbs God
Re: Bouldering Season is here!
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2014, 09:04:10 AM »

Sure Al.  Since I took the big one in Huntington's 25 years go it is always rock season anyway.  If the sun is out you can do short boulder problems no matter how cold; the official weather station in the town next to my local bouldering was -16 yesterday morning!   

Mrs. Eyebolter is forcing me into the gym today.  Hoping to flash the yellow route in the lead cave; how's that for an inspiring goal? LOL

eyebolter

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2014, 07:11:07 PM »

Cobalt blue sky today and all the way "up" to 25 after a low this morning of zero.   Hiked out with the two and a half year old on my back, pack in  the front with baby chair and all the crap.  Pretty tired by the time I actually reached the boulders.

31 days off the wine.....lost 5 pounds but still not sending so i'm drinking again tonight.

It might help if I can get on it when the tempertature is actually above freezing.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 07:14:34 PM by eyebolter »

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2014, 07:43:40 PM »

Rest up and relax Ward.  Go again Fri or Sat.  You WILL send if you are in the right frame of mind.
My guess is you were too "tense" today.  The low temp definitely did not help.
And a baby sitter or a pack mule would matters as well:)

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

JoeC

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2014, 08:37:42 AM »

It was awesome outside yesterday!  Ran around milford for some outdoor mileage.  Im still climbing new things back there!

eyebolter

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2014, 06:45:13 PM »

Finally sent my project today....drinking a bunch of wine.  Sun God, V9 I think, haven't climbed V9 or V10 for like 12 years so who knows.

Partner called it off this morning since it was cloudy, windy and a snow squall covering the ground.  But then I found a 1957 silver dime in my change and the sky cleared so I decided to go out alone and give it a shot.

Pete Jackson

• NEClimbs Full Member
  • RCA guy. Want to help? PM me.
    • Rumney Climbers Association
« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2014, 08:21:49 PM »

Finally sent my project today....drinking a bunch of wine.  Sun God, V9 I think, haven't climbed V9 or V10 for like 12 years so who knows.

Partner called it off this morning since it was cloudy, windy and a snow squall covering the ground.  But then I found a 1957 silver dime in my change and the sky cleared so I decided to go out alone and give it a shot.

Congrats! I went out today with jbeta and we were imagining we were the only crazies out on rock today. Glad to hear we weren't! 
We came to climb, not to whine.

JoeC

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2014, 09:52:10 PM »

I was most def out today.  Bouldered around most of the day.  Then a workout when I came home.  what am I doing still awake?

M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2014, 01:10:33 AM »

Nice, Ward!

I finally got out this weekend both days for some local bouldering after not climbing for almost 3 months even at the gym. I don't know if I have ever taken that much time off since I started. Did alright for off the couch, but I can feel it a little bit now from the dynos, lol. The snow is almost completely gone here in southern RI and the friction was great today. So nice to be back on the rock. ..need to get my finger power up for something I have in mind at Rumney  :P
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2014, 12:12:11 AM »

4 new FAs this afternoon in my local illegal spot I sneak into (land owned by a bank). perfect conditions  :)
I haven't been up there yet this season, but I would imagine Lincoln Woods must be in pretty prime conditions, for anyone wanting to escape the snow of further north.
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

eyebolter

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2014, 03:34:01 PM »

So I went out yesterday and did the start without the big boulder at the base....looks like the project has a new life.

joev9

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2014, 11:18:28 AM »

I think the window might have closed on my shot this spring to send the HS Egg project.  So freaking close, but I need 40 degree weather not 50s...

M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2014, 01:12:58 PM »

Just hit it early in the AM, Joe

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

joev9

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #72 on: April 02, 2014, 04:39:03 PM »

Might have to go that route, Mark, but I don't seem to climb as well in the morning.  I can run in the morning but climbing not so much...

eyebolter

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #73 on: April 02, 2014, 05:20:07 PM »

Still will be plenty of good days, you will just have to time it right.

Looking to get on Speed of Life now, a north facing glacier so 50's are not a problem.   Did Sun God without the boulder in two pitches today, 40's and cloudy, then the sun came out and soared into the 50's and I wished I had my shorts.  50's and sun is definitely too warm for hard climbing despite all the gym climbers who are waiting for summer to go outside.

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2014, 10:34:35 PM »

I would love to be able to play hookey from work today and tomorrow.  Work sucks.
Speed Boulder, Ward?  If I did not know better, I'd say you are nuts.  You must really own 16 crash pads and intend on deploying all of them in the crash zone. 

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 23 queries.