NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Why don't people speak up ?  (Read 1389 times)

strandman

• NEClimbs God
Why don't people speak up ?
« on: February 25, 2013, 06:56:00 PM »

The recent gunks shit got me going.. chipping, bad belay, fucking dogs ??????????????

Speak up

Yah- you may piss people off, but..... a bad belay could result in death, easy and maybe a closure ?

Shit- i saw a bolting episode the other day and.. well... it ended...

eyebolter

• NEClimbs God
Re: Why don't people speak up ?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 07:28:24 PM »

People ARE speaking up Jon after the video. 

I think what he did was wrong, but it seems like way more people are speaking up about chipping an inanimate rock in New York than are speaking up about our government killing hundreds of innocent women and children in the Middle East via remote controlled predator drones.

I mean, there is wrong, and then there are acts of the Devil.  Bashing rock is not the latter.

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 07:40:51 PM »

OK, I'll bite but limiting myself to the sphere of climbing.  No geopolitical issues.
I am most concerned about behavior and attitudes that threaten access; whether it is bad belaying that leads to serious accidents or deaths, illegal use of power tools, illegal additions of fixed anchors, illegal parking, disrespectful of landowners, shitting on or near trails, loud music, badly behaving pets, etc.
People need to understand that climbing areas are valuable and finite resources, they are not your "hood", your house, or your indoor gym to do whatever you want, whenever you want, with no repercussion.
Amen.

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 07:49:21 PM »

Eye- i have to respond to politco

Any body that has a problem with the way i live, i have a problem with. You wanna kill innocents ? 9/11.. end of discussion. live the way you want.. don't fuck with me..fight ? absolutlety god damn right

More drones .. kill'm all

A good bud of mine just finished 23 years in the USMC- he's pretty bitter.." they hate us and I hate them'

DGoguen

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 08:13:01 PM »

Ha
Hey John. this is why they don't let the guy at the nuclear controls drink scotch on the job.

M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 08:52:30 PM »

I was looking on YouTube for the footage of Ivan Green getting smoked by the Hellfire missile, but couldn't find it. Anybody got the link? It was unusual in hat it had a techno soundtrack. Most have some kind of heavy metal.
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

eyebolter

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 08:22:23 AM »

Eye- i have to respond to politco

Any body that has a problem with the way i live, i have a problem with. You wanna kill innocents ? 9/11.. end of discussion. live the way you want.. don't fuck with me..fight ? absolutlety god damn right

More drones .. kill'm all

A good bud of mine just finished 23 years in the USMC- he's pretty bitter.." they hate us and I hate them'

Sorry Jon I guess i shouldn't have brought politics into this, maybe we should continue in the "other" section.

Back OT, I'm guessing that Ivan is paying the price very heavily right now, as a sponsored climber and one who works in public at the NYC gym.    I would not want to be in his shoes right now.

kenreville

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 10:28:25 PM »

Hey eyebolter i'm kinda confused over here. What other "section" are you referring to?

lucky luke

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 03:20:47 AM »

The recent gunks shit got me going.. chipping, bad belay, fucking dogs ??????????????

What is the recent gunks shit?

When I began climbing, there was not a lot of accident because of bad belay. Rap failure was more of a concern. it was the reason why people walk off a cliff and don't rap...also not to rap on an other party, to enjoy a calm and piece walk down the cliff, to rest at the summit, etc.  One day, we bring bread, "patée", wine... nice place to be with a woman.

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2013, 07:56:58 AM »

One day, we bring bread, "patée", wine... nice place to be with a woman.
Now you're talking he good stuff, Champ! :)
Keep it up.

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

darwined

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2013, 05:11:15 PM »

What could be better than wine, patee', and some X position?

eyebolter

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2013, 05:21:10 PM »

Hey eyebolter i'm kinda confused over here. What other "section" are you referring to?

Sorry, Climbing (not) section.  That is where I should bring up to Jon why they "hate us for our freedoms."

Like maybe overthrowing the democratically elected government of Iran in 1953 (who happened to want to nationalize the British oil company that later became BP) in order to install the Shah who tortured his people and made sure the multinational oil corporations got all the oil money, and the Iranian people jack shyte. 

You know, freedom isn't free and all, especially when corporate oil is under your sand.

darwined

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2013, 06:22:45 PM »

Eyebolter,

I agree, wars for oil are the reasons they hate us.  Do you have a car?  Do you own a toothbrush?  Those keys you're ticking at made of plastic?  Like it or not those oil wars are working out just fine for us Americans.  You ready to give up all your shit for a little piece of moral high ground?  Last time I checked moral high ground doesn't heat house during winter.  Just Sayin'

M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2013, 08:49:33 PM »

The current Iranian regime takes the corruption and brutality of the Shah to a whole other level. Operation Ajax was probably a mistake, but in addition to any commercial interests you have to remember the historical context from local conflicts and civil war to colonialism, WWs1, !! and the Cold War. The Cold War was running strong then and the Russians had quite a bit of history of controlling parts of Iran. The British Empire and the Russians had already had over a century of jockeying for power there.

The mobs are sheep and will hate whomever the current leaders find it convenient for them to hate. For all their conniving, the British and Americans had brought a lot of good to the region too. You can't think that our government was all bad and they were all a bunch of nice, peaceful put upon folks.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 12:09:51 AM by M_Sprague »
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

eyebolter

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2013, 06:41:35 AM »

Eyebolter,

I agree, wars for oil are the reasons they hate us.  Do you have a car?  Do you own a toothbrush?  Those keys you're ticking at made of plastic?  Like it or not those oil wars are working out just fine for us Americans.  You ready to give up all your shit for a little piece of moral high ground?  Last time I checked moral high ground doesn't heat house during winter.  Just Sayin'

I agree, I'm just saying it wasn't like the US was minding our own business before 911.  It has gotten even worse for innocents over there since then.   I'm no fan of Muslims in general, but babies surely have done nothing to deserve being blown up by remote control.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 06:54:42 AM by eyebolter »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.233 seconds with 23 queries.