Author Topic: Why don't people speak up ?  (Read 1595 times)

Offline sneoh

• NEClimbs God
Re: Why don't people speak up ?
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2013, 11:33:50 AM »
I agree, I'm just saying it wasn't like the US was minding our own business before 911. 
I agree with this.  Meddling is meddling, sometimes it is good, other times it turns bad.

As for oil, non OPEC producers had really cranked up production the past decade.  Russia, Canada, US, China, even Brazil are now major producers of crude, by absolute and relative measures.  It has and will continue to be less about oil. 

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

Offline eyebolter

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2013, 12:58:15 PM »
I agree, I'm just saying it wasn't like the US was minding our own business before 911. 
I agree with this.  Meddling is meddling, sometimes it is good, other times it turns bad.

As for oil, non OPEC producers had really cranked up production the past decade.  Russia, Canada, US, China, even Brazil are now major producers of crude, by absolute and relative measures.  It has and will continue to be less about oil.

Don't forget fracking,  Natural gas is way cheaper in the US because of it, and fracking is coming soon to Ukraine and other places that are loaded with it.  Gas price are much higher in Europe and Asia and are likely to fall once gas production ramps up.  Not good for the US dollar since all OPEC oil sales must be done in dollars. 

For some reason, countries that try to sell oil in something other than dollars (first Iraq, then Libya, now Iran) tend to be the countries "freed" instead of despots who toe the line like those in Saudi Arabia.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 05:56:01 PM by eyebolter »

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2013, 05:05:56 PM »
your not sucking me into this...

Offline Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2013, 07:46:10 PM »
your not sucking me into this...

oh yeah they will...
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com

Offline sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2013, 11:57:33 PM »
Come on, John, join in, you know you enjoy this S$@T! :)

No, I have not forgotten about hydraulic fracturing and natural gas.  How ng is going to affect power generation in the US is still unclear.  Just tonight, on NPR, ng was called the "dark house" because its price is rather volatile and there is still fear that the EPA will issue ruling to curb widespread use of fracking.

Limiting ourselves to crude, isn't it convenient that Saudi Arabia (far and away the largest OPEC producer of crude) is a "staunch" US ally?  The Arab Spring if and when it spreads to SA will be quite the (devastating) show to watch play out online and on the telly.  It is not going to be pretty.

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

darwined

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2013, 04:40:11 AM »

No, I have not forgotten about hydraulic fracturing and natural gas.  How ng is going to affect power generation in the US is still unclear.  Just tonight, on NPR, ng was called the "dark house" because its price is rather volatile and there is still fear that the EPA will issue ruling to curb widespread use of fracking.

Limiting ourselves to crude, isn't it convenient that Saudi Arabia (far and away the largest OPEC producer of crude) is a "staunch" US ally?  The Arab Spring if and when it spreads to SA will be quite the (devastating) show to watch play out online and on the telly.  It is not going to be pretty.
Arab Spring is a CIA operation to remind "the help" who they work for.  All the Saudis need to do to get involved is start selling oil for euros.  If they do, they'll get their Arab Spring.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 04:44:10 AM by darwined »

Offline eyebolter

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2013, 04:44:02 PM »

Arab Spring is a CIA operation to remind "the help" who they work for.  All the Saudis need to do to get involved is start selling oil for euros.  If they do, they'll get their Arab Spring.

Euros, or try to set up an oil for gold deal like Libya did.   The Libyan "rebels" weren't like Princess Leah and Luke Skywalker.   How many rebels do you know who set up a central bank as their first step?