General > Epics and Accidents

Rescuers lead ice climbers off ledge!

(1/5) > >>

Admin Al:
http://www.conwaydailysun.com/index.php/newsx/local-news/95390-rescue-022613

Interesting headline... Apparently 3 climbers thought that they were on Central, but actually were on Yale!!!

ELM:
I know I've climbed a few climbs and found out later it was not the one I thought.  :) I Have to get them credit that they had all the gear they needed to hunker down. I wonder if in daylight they would have found a way down?

David_G48:
Glad it turned out ok but, what happened to the days when you bucked up and spent the night when you are properly prepared as they were? Just saying.

darwined:

--- Quote from: David_G48 on February 26, 2013, 05:27:41 PM ---Glad it turned out ok but, what happened to the days when you bucked up and spent the night when you are properly prepared as they were? Just saying.

--- End quote ---

+1.  Total Bullshit to get plucked outta there!  Since when did a night of discomfort become a qualifier for a rescue?

Admin Al:

--- Quote from: David_G48 on February 26, 2013, 05:27:41 PM ---Glad it turned out ok but, what happened to the days when you bucked up and spent the night when you are properly prepared as they were? Just saying.

--- End quote ---

LOL.....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version