NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: wet avalanches  (Read 1414 times)

DaveR

• NEClimbs Full Member
Re: wet avalanches
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2013, 12:15:41 PM »

The answer to your Depth Hoar question is during a strong TG vapor moves from areas of relatively high pressure to areas of low pressure, and when it occurs through sublimation at the grain level that moves mass from the convex areas of the grain to the concave sections of the grain. Thereís some other stuff in there but thatís the gist.

WRONG! I was sure that you didn't know the answer

Your explication is the explicaton of metamorphism, which create round shape crystal as the water is adsorbed (look at that word, sure yopu don't know it...it is write corectly) to the particules.

It won't create hoar, pyramidale crystal (faceted cup shape grain). You and jbrochu go well togheter.

And you don't know what is hoar ice too.   

I have not been on this forum in over a year but had to re register just to ask you one question Luke. How old are you? You think you are really smart but your attitude makes you sound like a spoiled 8yo!

DMan,
Just ignore him and maybe he will go off in the corner and pout. Avalanche forcasting may not be perfect but I will continue to pay attention to it. Dead is permanent but so is the mountain and it will be there tomorow when conditions are better and I am enjoying the day.

lucky luke

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2013, 01:02:44 PM »

I have not been on this forum in over a year but had to re register just to ask you one question Luke. How old are you? You think you are really smart but your attitude makes you sound like a spoiled 8yo!

An 8yo didn't have my knowledge. I think that Jbrochu post is more of a 8Yo than me.

Always remember that it is not what you know that will kill you, it is what you think you know.

The answer is the same as we have in a wall (see: http://www.conservationphysics.org/condens/condens1.php). The snow is an isolation to the ground. So you have a temperature gradient (it is the reason why the outside temperature most be between minus 2 to 15 centigrade), a dew point where the water condense and froze and an evaporation zone. As the dew point is a line, it is where most of the vapor water will condense and froze in a pyramidal shape.

A temperature gradient is also seen in clouds. Stratus clouds form a layer in the sky in rainy days. It is very different than cumulo nimbus (thunder storm clouds). It is when you have a grey sky every where.

That was the answer. But because you read think on internet without deep understanding, you just repeat what you read here and there. I can ask what happen when the pressure gradient is lower close to the ground and higher outside, you won't know the answer too (when the water melt, the run off go to the ground and follow the hill to the bottom. This create a suction and a low pressure. If the pressure above the snow is higher, the humid air will enter into the layers of snow...condensation to the snow and changing the density of it. 

Do you kill people because you don't know???? metamorphism explain why the avy danger most behigher two or three days after a fifteen inches snow fall (thinking that there is exception too). But you think that you know. To climb multi route in those condition, I am pratically sure that James took your words.   

DaveR

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2013, 01:07:21 PM »

YAWN!!
Wake me up later.

JakeDatc

• NEClimbs God
  • "Don't worry, this won't hurt me a bit"
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2013, 01:15:39 PM »

An 8yo didn't have my knowledge. I think that Jbrochu post is more of a 8Yo than me.

Always remember that it is not what you know that will kill you, it is what you think you know.

The answer is the same as we have in a wall (see: http://www.conservationphysics.org/condens/condens1.php). The snow is an isolation to the ground. So you have a temperature gradient (it is the reason why the outside temperature most be between minus 2 to 15 centigrade), a dew point where the water condense and froze and an evaporation zone. As the dew point is a line, it is where most of the vapor water will condense and froze in a pyramidal shape.

A temperature gradient is also seen in clouds. Stratus clouds form a layer in the sky in rainy days. It is very different than cumulo nimbus (thunder storm clouds). It is when you have a grey sky every where.

That was the answer. But because you read think on internet without deep understanding, you just repeat what you read here and there. I can ask what happen when the pressure gradient is lower close to the ground and higher outside, you won't know the answer too (when the water melt, the run off go to the ground and follow the hill to the bottom. This create a suction and a low pressure. If the pressure above the snow is higher, the humid air will enter into the layers of snow...condensation to the snow and changing the density of it. 

Do you kill people because you don't know???? metamorphism explain why the avy danger most behigher two or three days after a fifteen inches snow fall (thinking that there is exception too). But you think that you know. To climb multi route in those condition, I am pratically sure that James took your words.   

You are already skating on thin ice dipshit.   

va te faire foutre
"I really don't know who act like if he have the true." -Champoing

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2013, 11:10:56 PM »

To climb multi route in those condition, I am practically sure that James took your words.   
You may be pissed by what you read, Champ, but this is over the line.  I hardly think you have sufficient evidence to substantiate this statement,.  It is this kind of extrapolation (or generalization as DMan puts it) that turns people off.
You sound like you appreciate science so you know of the pitfall of overextending one's interpretation of observations and limited facts.

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

DaveR

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2013, 05:29:35 AM »

To climb multi route in those condition, I am pratically sure that James took your words.   

You Luke are an asshole!! This comment is WAY over the top!!

lucky luke

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2013, 11:46:43 AM »

You may be pissed by what you read, Champ, but this is over the line.  I hardly think you have sufficient evidence to substantiate this statement,.  It is this kind of extrapolation (or generalization as DMan puts it) that turns people off.

I appologized for people close to the climber. I hope that they will understand that the book accident in north american mountaineering was not write for previous accident but for the accident that will happen tomorow. I respect the climber and I hope that it's memory will help even one climber to save his life. The accident report on that book save my life many time and I have a truly and very high respect to those who decide to have an honest consideration to the friend of the person trap in an accident.

When you said that a beginer climb 5.9 in rock...that statement means that if you climb sam swam song at Canon, a 5.6, you are lest than a beginer. As a young climber want to be recognize by his community (it is not my case), he will do it as a warm up and won't take all the necessary precaution to climb safe. Is it the climber who think that he his over is ability or is it those who said that a beginer climb 5.9...

For me it is clear...when some influence other to do some think that can threating there life, they are more guilty than the climber. In the old time, they always say to look at the forecast three days before going to climb a route. In accident INAM, 2012 p17, 'the climbers had chosen to climb in a period immediadetly following new snowfall that totaled [...] 12 inches." I have photo of the ground, and avy analyse of the day and previous day. personally, my decision was to not going climbing on that day on Mt Washington.

A word for Old Eric: it is not the place to talk about that and I respect the family on that point. There is no good time.  When you climb in the old time, mt washington was considered as a very high chalenge, today, it is a practice to do laps in a wonderfull environment. Even if you take risk at those time, you always keep your mind on the danger. Today, the gullies are a walk. Some people understand what I am doing and change little things, but important things. I accept to be a magnet and I should be carefull not to attack those people who are looking for more safety in our sport. 

JakeDatc

• NEClimbs God
  • "Don't worry, this won't hurt me a bit"
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2013, 11:52:32 AM »

"I really don't know who act like if he have the true." -Champoing
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 23 queries.