Author Topic: For Sale: Cassin X-All Mtn Tools  (Read 565 times)

Offline leaf

• NEClimbs Newbie
For Sale: Cassin X-All Mtn Tools
« on: March 05, 2013, 02:05:28 PM »
I'm selling my pair of Cassin tools. Only used half a season. They are in great shape.  Asking for $350.

I'm located in Concord, NH and I'm up in the White Mountains almost every weekend for the exchange. I can also ship it.

Thanks!
Courtney

Offline old_school

• NEClimbs God
  • "Climb Now, Work Later."
Re: For Sale: Cassin X-All Mtn Tools
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 02:12:38 PM »
Great tools! I love mine!  ;)
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

Offline leaf

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 02:16:33 PM »
I did not pay grammy to say that.. listen to him.  They are great.  Buy them!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 02:18:16 PM by leaf »

Offline old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 09:41:16 AM »
I did not pay grammy to say that.. listen to him.  They are great.  Buy them!

She didn't...this was straight up truth!!   ;D
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

Offline David_G48

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 03:25:47 PM »
New these tools would go for $400+ a set. Grammy has used these tools longer than he holds on to most equipment, he knows a good thing when he has it. Anyone just thinking about getting into ice climbing or replacing old tools should send out an offer.
If I did not own 2 sets of ice tools already I would be trying to work out a deal. I have heard many good comments from a variety of people that have very reputable ice climbing skills about the performance of these tools.

Offline leaf

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 03:34:11 PM »
Yes, $440 brand new without tax included. 

I bought these in the beginning of November 2012, so they've been used for about 10-12 weekends total.

David.. that is too bad.

Offline ELM

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 04:34:02 PM »
Don't despair Leaf...he may still offer:he has 6 sets of cams; what two more ice tools! :-\
Ed Matt
" I release my attention: because of you now I am in danger!!! " -Champ

Offline old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2013, 09:33:30 AM »
Lol...very true Dave!

These things are about as utilitarian as you can get, simple lines, easy to replace picks and grips (two or three picks available as well as picks for Ice, mixed and alpine). Great swing weight, lightweight, T-rated shafts with B rated picks designed by Ian Osteyee specifically for the brittle conditions that we find here in the northeast. Hammers are standard, adze are available. these things are built like a brick shithouse...and can take a beating, but the interesting thing is that the swing is just a flick of the wrist. I had to get used to moving up on just the points of the picks as it is very easy to overswing this tool and they can be difficult to clean (no different than any other tool that is overdriven...certainly easier than grivel). They hook like nobody's business are solid up to 4+ in my opinion (no problem with Dracula, Hobbit, Pegasus Rock finish, and the Penguin three times this season). I am on my second season with the original picks and will easily get another out of them (if not more). I think these tools are very intuitive and natural and do well on low angle slab, but not as good as the quarks or some of the other tools with less aggressive geometry. You owe it to yourself to try these out. A really great tool designed specifically for our needs out here on the "Easy" Coast! lol  ;)

Offline leaf

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2013, 09:46:00 PM »
SOLD