General > General Climbing

What states have you climbed in

(1/4) > >>

neiceclimber:
A recent vacation to Hawaii, and the realization that I've visited all but one state in the USA got me thinking about how many I've visited and climbed (ice, rock, bouldering, mountaineering).
So far the list includes:

Alaska
Arizona
California
Colorado
Maine
Massachusetts
Montana
New Hampshire
New York
Washington
Wyoming
Vermont

Some of these have been Climb specific vacations, others are from just passing through and burning a few hours. As far as I'm concerned as long as you got more than two feet off the ground on rock, ice, or snow it counts. So what states have you climbed in?

P.s. for the Canadians feel free to post the provinces.

M_Sprague:
States:
NH
Maine
Massachusetts
Connecticut
Rhode Island
New York
West Virginia
Kentucky
North Carolina
Tennessee
Texas
Idaho
Wyoming
Provinces:
Quebec
British Columbia
Alberta
Nunavut - The rock was pretty rotten where I was (Rankin Inlet), though there were some impressive but inaccesable at the time walls that I saw from the sea ice. I did put up a 5.12 TR on the cliff down where the town staked out their sled dogs. It was late spring so the ones that died over the winter were starting to appear out of the ice. Apparently there were fiords with big walls along the coast to the north.

I tried in Saskatchewan, but couldn’t find a piece of rock taller than 3 feet. I did climb at a gym in Prince Albert and built my brother a bouldering wall in his garage. It is a hellish place to stay for more than 2 days, unless you like endless fields of canola. I was stuck there for a month. To amuse myself I would drive my brother's rickety water truck back and forth from town at high speed (people had to get water from a public well and put it in their cisterns since the agriculture had polluted most people’s ground water)

sneoh:
Far too few for me:
NH
Maine
Massachusetts
Connecticut
Rhode Island
New York
West Virginia
Kentucky
Texas (Austin, 1/2 day)
Nevada (RR)
California (around Bishop)
Washington (Index)

No CA for you, Mark?  I am very surprised.

OK, I NEED to add VT this year. Maybe even TN.

Post up, Eric and JohnS!

tradmanclimbz:
Vermont
NH
NY
ME
NC
WV
SD
WY
CO
UT
AZ
NV

I buildered a RR bridge in CT. does that count?

pappy:
Alabama
Georgia
North Carolina
South Carolina
Tennessee
Kentucky
Virginia
West Virginia
Pennsylvania
New Jersey (seriously, ice no less)
NY
ME
NH
VT
MA
CT
RI
CO
WY
UT
Wisconsin (Devil's Lake is actually pretty good)
CA
OR
WA
NV

Holy Crap, that's half of them! Probably why I started abbreviating. And all (well, maybe not NJ, and RI is just pebble wrestling) have excellent climbing. Throw in BC and Alberta, and I'm doing pretty good for a weekend warrior, albeit one with a long term learning disability. I know a number of years ago Vermin was trying to climb in every state, but I think LA spit him out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version