NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Bouldering in Worcester.  (Read 961 times)

Joe_Re

• NEClimbs Junior Member
Bouldering in Worcester.
« on: March 16, 2013, 11:15:45 AM »

Recently moved to Worcester and while scoping Lake Park (across from Quinsig) for MTB and Cross riding I came across a large hilltop boulder split in two.  Will for sure yield a few problems.  Anyone got any beta on it.

Thanks.
"Men hang out signs indicative of their respective trades: shoe makers hang out a gigantic shoe; a jewler a monster watch; and the dentist hangs out a gold tooth; but in the Franconia Mountains of New Hampshire god almighty has hung out a sign to say in New England he makes men".
Daniel Webster 18?

JoeC

• NEClimbs Full Member
Re: Bouldering in Worcester.
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 01:00:38 PM »

Cool man!.  Check out milford.  Some good stuff there.

eyebolter

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 05:32:14 PM »

Recently moved to Worcester and while scoping Lake Park (across from Quinsig) for MTB and Cross riding I came across a large hilltop boulder split in two.  Will for sure yield a few problems.  Anyone got any beta on it.

Thanks.

Never climbed there but I checked it out maybe 10 years ago; it looks pretty good.   No evidence of anyone ever climbing there that I saw, not that that means anything.

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 05:59:07 PM »

Milford isn't too far from you/ I hit ti pretty goood bitd but I suck at boulderig. The RI guys did some sweet stuff up to V11...It's a prettty cool area amd you canhit  Zeb's V12 nearby

JoeC

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 07:28:40 PM »

V11 John?  The only thing harder than V7 I know of is Zebs sandbagged V11.  Bloodsport got downgraded to a 7 after lee did it.  Joe, if interested in Milford I can show you around.  I have some FA's there

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 10:41:25 PM »

the Deer Boulder off rt 85  maybe Renissance man ?? I know lee could not do it Did the sit go ?? V13

JoeC

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2013, 11:00:22 PM »

R man is def not a V11.  Maybe a 12.  I have no idea about the sit.  I cant even pull off the ground on the stand.  WIndchill on the other hand, I can do a high start, cant quite get the low V8 start

Joe_Re

• NEClimbs Junior Member
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, 10:56:28 AM »

Milford as in Vietnam?  I gotta get out there on the bike and explore.  Is it all bouldering or is there anything worth dragging a rope out for?  We bought a house about three months ago so the honey-do list is still a sight, but with the warmer weather I will likely take you up on that Joe.
"Men hang out signs indicative of their respective trades: shoe makers hang out a gigantic shoe; a jewler a monster watch; and the dentist hangs out a gold tooth; but in the Franconia Mountains of New Hampshire god almighty has hung out a sign to say in New England he makes men".
Daniel Webster 18?

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2013, 12:44:26 PM »

Yes   99% bouldering, but College Rock is just up the street.

JoeC

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2013, 09:12:21 PM »

Joe, check out mountain project.  I put a few maps up there.  And there used to be an old hand drawn mapty map out there that disappeared...

M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2013, 09:17:07 AM »

Also check out http://newenglandbouldering.com/  It is a fairly dead site, but people who have been active at Milford hang out there and you can find info if you dig around.
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2013, 09:24:30 AM »

Joe, check out mountain project.  I put a few maps up there.  And there used to be an old hand drawn mapty map out there that disappeared...

I gave that mapty map to Lee  , I think he ate it

JoeC

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2013, 09:55:55 AM »

I know

steve weitzler

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2013, 11:41:00 AM »

If you are looking to top-rope, Purgatory Chasm in Sutton is close by.  I know that they closed it to climbing a couple of years ago due to a hiker falling and dying and at one time they required a day permit but many years ago I used to go there quite a bit and as I remember the climbing was pretty nice and some hard routes as well.

JakeDatc

• NEClimbs God
  • "Don't worry, this won't hurt me a bit"
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2013, 01:17:08 PM »

I went to purgatory once or twice when i lived up there and it was all pretty dirt covered from the trails above..  going to College rock or Crow hill would be much much better. 
"I really don't know who act like if he have the true." -Champoing
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.212 seconds with 23 queries.