NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Accident on Standard Route on Saturday  (Read 4072 times)

darwined

Re: Accident on Standard Route on Saturday
« Reply #105 on: March 23, 2013, 03:53:09 PM »

Isn't the real irony that, for a community all seemingly driven by the same calling, we are all so remarkably different?

kenreville

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #106 on: March 23, 2013, 04:02:10 PM »

If you could remove yourself from the climbing world, then look back in, you'd see that REALLY we're a bunch of misfits.

darwined

« Reply #107 on: March 23, 2013, 04:06:27 PM »

If you could remove yourself from the climbing world, then look back in, you'd see that REALLY we're a bunch of misfits.
I already knew I was. ;D

DGoguen

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #108 on: March 23, 2013, 04:27:27 PM »

Methinks Luke thinks that he was laying on the tracks all busted up, and you saluted him and said have a great day. Seriously Luke, do you view your fellow climbers as uncaring savages?
Yeah that's the way it went down, after I rifled through his pockets and took his boots.
Don't Climb

kenreville

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #109 on: March 23, 2013, 04:39:21 PM »

Just your luck huh? They fit. ::)

DGoguen

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #110 on: March 23, 2013, 05:00:44 PM »

Yeah but I threw his gloves back in his face. Bill took his pants.
Don't Climb

kenreville

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #111 on: March 23, 2013, 05:23:16 PM »

You guys didn't molest him didja?

I'm gonna stop now.

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #112 on: March 23, 2013, 07:02:15 PM »

Isn't this the truth!! Throw in the word loony as well.  Non-climbers like my wife's friends don't say it but I KNOW they are thinking it!

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

DLottmann

« Reply #113 on: March 23, 2013, 07:41:01 PM »

I can't say the same when a person wrote that he smile and enjoy the rest of the day...as he didn't care about others.

You really shouldn't cast aspersions on someone when you don't even understand what they said.

This. Hes mastered using emoticons now... great....

lucky luke

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #114 on: March 24, 2013, 12:05:15 AM »

You really shouldn't cast aspersions on someone when you don't even understand what they said.
I said I smiled and told him to enjoy the rest of his day. Should I have tackled him and forced training on him. Geez Man.

appologized for what I said. althought it is what I thought: did he care about other.  You make it clear that I was wrong.

lucky luke

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #115 on: March 24, 2013, 12:22:41 AM »

Local officials, the GOVERNMENT, was gonna "protect" the masses. How high and far would that fence need be?

My suggestion at the time was to tear up the road, and REMOVE the fence. I'm a firm believer in Darwinism.

I am not for an intervention of government in climbing (any where in the world). I think that we can protect some one against himself, if he didn't have a mental disease. A comparaison between solo and rope up climber about safety, and a discussion between trad and sport about safety is very similar. When some one solo, I don't think that he do it to be superior to the other, but just because it is fun and chalenging. You feel every muscle of your body. when some one trad, he don't think that he is superior too. Anticipation, tactic to place the pro are just some thing appealing for me and I didn't find the same as in sport. Neverthless, i thing that solo is more dangerous than rope up climber in the same way that trad is more dangerous than sport. 

punxnotdead

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #116 on: March 24, 2013, 09:19:53 AM »

Shh. Dave, I was going to sell them at IME. Slink molested him..
someone dropped a steamer in the gene pool

"climbing with a deep knowledge of what we are doing is what we all want to climb high and safe" Champoing

DGoguen

• NEClimbs Full Member
Re: Re: Accident on Standard Route on Saturday
« Reply #117 on: March 24, 2013, 09:46:53 AM »

appologized for what I said. althought it is what I thought:

Thank You Jacques, I appreciate that.

I also agree for the most part with your last post. Much better on the composition skills as well.

@ punx, I think Slink calls it placing the picket. Ha
Don't Climb

scrappydog

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #118 on: March 25, 2013, 02:08:08 PM »

hello all just an update finally that's real and not some stupid ass reporter getting it wrong.  the conditions of the climber are this  broken ankle, broken left scalpia (shoulder )   multiple like lots of them broken ribs, had two collapse lungs , possible one punctured lungs, multiple contusions, severe concusion and also a diffusion of the brain. Both chest tubes removed on Saturday, breathing on own, starting to respond better from head injury, starting to talk and respond, ( keeps asking for girlfriend to get him out and wants to start walking around ) and is recovering from pneumonia.   He is scheduled for surgery today to fix the shoulder and at time will decide if the ribs will be fixed or not, possible plate for them cause they are broken off / at the spine from the landing.  overall not out of the woods yet any surgery can kill him, but along way ahead of last weekend.  no matter what hes got a long long road ahead of him.    doctors are cautiously optimistic about his recovery but do expect him to survive at the moment..   oh and a big big thank you to all that helped again.  cant say that enough.   and his condition was never upgraded at all , ......  the reporter who printed that he was upgraded I think had his head up his .......  needed to make it up for a deadline probably.   will post more when the time is right .

tradmanclimbz

• NEClimbs God
  • Nick Goldsmith
« Reply #119 on: March 25, 2013, 06:10:39 PM »

Wow!  Prayers are with you guys!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.26 seconds with 22 queries.