NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Elevated Bugcon?  (Read 767 times)

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
Re: Elevated Bugcon?
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2014, 02:13:59 PM »

I'll take black flies over ticks and poisonous snakes any day.

++++
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2014, 02:14:40 PM »

Brown Recluse Spiders are the worst, they can actually kill you

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2014, 05:11:26 PM »

Hey pappy..i was up at helen's Dome and almost no ticks !! maybe, only30-40 at a time..
Down at penitente though..oh man snakes all over,, maybe a dozen prarie rattlers on the trail and a bunch more hiding in the shrubs..that's in 150 yards.   I'm glad I hike with poles now

i feel safer with the big kitty up the road

pappy

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2014, 08:03:46 PM »

Hey pappy..i was up at helen's Dome and almost no ticks !! maybe, only30-40 at a time..
Down at penitente though..oh man snakes all over,, maybe a dozen prarie rattlers on the trail and a bunch more hiding in the shrubs..that's in 150 yards.   I'm glad I hike with poles now

i feel safer with the big kitty up the road
ya gotta love the Platte. And hate f*%king rattlers. I think I already told the story where one of those nearly sent me for the big ride in TN. In '81 we were hiking in SoCal on the PCT with a 6'4" 240 lb. ex-bouncer who was carrying a .45 in a custom pocket on top of his pack because he was 'worried someone would f&%k with him.' Really, Mark? Really? Anyway, the trail was still pretty sketch in a lot of places then and we had lost it and were whacking up a steep boulder strewn gully with Mark in front, and then we hear the buzz and here comes this huge guy tumbling back down the gully screaming, 'Snake! Snake!' and just about wipes us out. And it was a BIG f**king rattler, I estimated 6' and totally unimpressed with us, and then this guy whips out his .45 and starts blazing away in it's general direction mostly hitting rocks and god only knows where these slugs are bouncing around, and I'm like 'god DAMMIT, we're either going to get shot or eaten.'
If you're gonna be stupid, you gotta be tough.

kenreville

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2014, 08:25:38 PM »

Back on topic. So Al, my bitching has worn you down?

Three is about right BTW.  ;)

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2014, 08:37:53 PM »

Almost zero bugs at Rumney today.Maybe we were just lucky.

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 24 queries.