NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: There but for the grace of God go us... The First and Last ascent of The Cleaver  (Read 414 times)

tradmanclimbz

• NEClimbs God
  • Nick Goldsmith

Sorry that I did not put this TR up here but it was easier to upload the photos on the taco
We are so lucky to be alive. :'( http://www.supertopo.com/tripreport/tripreport.php?articleid=12440&dpid=Oj81OzYhJCAhLA,,
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 07:32:35 AM by tradmanclimbz »

DLottmann

:o Great TR

kenreville

• NEClimbs God

Years ago I climbed Summer Solstice at Pokomoonshine. I remember struggling a bit leading the 5.9 off width. It was only a month or so later that the one side of the entire crack just fell off. A huge piece of rock.

For the grace of god alright. Glad you're still alive and kickin Mr. Goldsmith.

tradmanclimbz

• NEClimbs God
  • Nick Goldsmith

Tony barns guided the Gendarme the day before it fell....

wannabe

• NEClimbs Newbie

A few years ago I was standing below weisners dike on cannon.  The first pitch was sheer verglass.  Not hard climbing but my lead partner and I talked about our options over a courage pipe.we then retreated and saw a note from Mr Jon physics saying looks a little too soon for this rout boy's on our sign in sheet.  We ennded up having a fun safe rumney session.  Two days later the news broke that the old man fell.  Made my bung hole tighten so hard I didn't go for a week.  We get lucky sometimes and I hope we learn from them.Good luck and listen to your spidey scentces.

smartpig

• NEClimbs God
  • There is only one kind of magic and this is ‘doing
    • Valhalla Publishing
Jamie Cunningham
Franconia, NH

Jamie Cunningham Photography: http://www.jamiecunninghamphoto.com

The Notches guidebook Facebook page ("like" it!):
https://www.facebook.com/groups/valhallapublishing/

rbirk

• NEClimbs Junior Member

Where is this? I didn't see a location in the TR.

tradmanclimbz

• NEClimbs God
  • Nick Goldsmith

for now I think it is best to keep this  listed as one of the over the stream and through the woods crags.

tradmanclimbz

• NEClimbs God
  • Nick Goldsmith

I did post a few more shots of the routes on the TR. If you recognize the cliff and want to climb there email me and I will get you a topo. It is probobly no worse than Cannon...

rbirk

• NEClimbs Junior Member

No worries. I was just curious what general area it was.

rbirk

• NEClimbs Junior Member

For close calls, my only experience is Jolt in Rumney. Climbed it a late afternoon/early evening May last year, last in my group and last that day (as far as I can tell) and next morning it was gone.. That was scary.

xcrag_corex

• NEClimbs Senior Member

My closest call was a few years back. Climbed Pathfinder on WH slabs . Less than 2 days later the huge flake below the tree peels off.... Gave me pause.... But was climbing again the next weekend
-Jeremy Ballou

"know how to rock, ain't afraid to roll"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 23 queries.