NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Climbing in northen Quebec  (Read 256 times)

nutslover

• NEClimbs Newbie
Climbing in northen Quebec
« on: July 17, 2014, 01:42:55 PM »

Hello!

I'm planning a trip to northen Quebec, I'm planing to be up there for around 15 days or so. I wondered if any of you had climbed in the "hautes gorges of riviere malbaie" because when I look at the topo there seems to be alot of very long and easy routes in the 5.3-5.6 range. There isn't alot of information about the hiking to the cliff but it shoudn't be an issue.

I've been practicing toprope aid climbing for over a year now and my grear placements seams pretty solid.
I also did a few classics around here to get used to climbing above my gear so i did: Thin air and moby grape a couple weeks ago.

Thanks

DLottmann

Re: Climbing in northen Quebec
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 02:41:48 PM »

Here fishy fishy... here LL.... come a little closer....

Nice user name... real clever.

HugoD

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 02:50:27 PM »

A couple friends of mine were hiking in the Hautes Gorges and they told me they run a well organised free bus system up there. This sounds just like my last trip to Europe! You should get to the base of the climbs in no time!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 02:57:27 PM by HugoD »

lucky luke

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 08:58:08 AM »

A couple friends of mine were hiking in the Hautes Gorges and they told me they run a well organised free bus system up there. This sounds just like my last trip to Europe! You should get to the base of the climbs in no time!

They allow the climbs to cran des erables in hautes georges, but you can't hike to the cliff because of protection land! The authority think that you can kill a forty feet tall tree by walking on it. Note that trad safety is so low in quebec that a safety rescue will damage the forest more than necessarly.

I have done many routes there and many are at the level of moby grape and falling aspiration. the climb just right of where is la pomme d'or in winter is amazing, but close. In that route it is possible to sleep in the cliff in a ledge as big as HE in the gunks. We were probably the second party or third to climb it, so an anchor like the one Dman say that it is good is way to dangerous to even think to climb at this place.

In the park, I saw a cliff far in the west that look like to be two pitches high, but 600 foot wide. Nobody had ever climb there in my knowledge.

Actually, at the bottom of the cliff, most new climber don't even know that we can climb trad in the park, they follow rules. One of this new generation teach me how to belay correctly. Dman will be a king in Quebec.   
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 10:03:57 PM by lucky luke »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 23 queries.