NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Your Finest Solo  (Read 3906 times)

kenreville

• NEClimbs God
Re: Your Finest Solo
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2013, 10:54:22 AM »

Grammy- soloing ice = drinking alone ??  ;)

Ken- the WG is a really fine solo, it takes like 30 minutes.

I used to do the LH start to funhouse then finish up P2 of 3 Birches , Lookout Crack to finish... scares the shit out of the tourists.

WG is insane Ken!! nice work. I have been doing a lot of drinking alone Strandman as I am in the throws of a divorce (12 years) unreal
[/b]

Well that sucks. Unfortunately, been there, done that.
Head up sir- overtime it does get better.

old_school

• NEClimbs God
  • "Climb Now, Work Later."
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2013, 11:01:50 AM »

Trying my man. Hey Ken, I think we climbed together many years ago...early 80's. I used to climb with Mark Grant, his brother Jason, Brian Dutton, Jeff Swayze and that group. It has been years but I remember you.  ;)
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

smartpig

• NEClimbs God
  • There is only one kind of magic and this is ‘doing
    • Valhalla Publishing
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2013, 11:36:00 AM »

Grammy- soloing ice = drinking alone ??  ;)

Ken- the WG is a really fine solo, it takes like 30 minutes.

I used to do the LH start to funhouse then finish up P2 of 3 Birches , Lookout Crack to finish... scares the shit out of the tourists.

WG is insane Ken!! nice work. I have been doing a lot of drinking alone Strandman as I am in the throws of a divorce (12 years) unreal
[/b]

Dito on that!  Chris, the pain will pass.  It is opportunity for redemption and change- to save it or fold it. Either way it is like extreme alpinism....you may never reach the summit, but it will be powerful.  Be honest and true to your self...the rest will follow. Roped or solo, my friend, you can make this your most challenging AND finest climb (sort of speak to keep obliquely. on topic!). What is important to you?  No "I am sorry here," just make your life and consider the ones you love. Good luck and cheers!
Jamie Cunningham
Franconia, NH

Jamie Cunningham Photography: http://www.jamiecunninghamphoto.com

The Notches guidebook Facebook page ("like" it!):
https://www.facebook.com/groups/valhallapublishing/

old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2013, 11:38:16 AM »

Dito on that!  Chris, the pain will pass.  It is opportunity for redemption and change- to save it or fold it. Either way it is like extreme alpinism....you may never reach the summit, but it will be powerful.  Be honest and true to your self...the rest will follow. Roped or solo, my friend, you can make this your most challenging AND finest climb (sort of speak to keep obliquely. on topic!). What is important to you?  No "I am sorry here," just make your life and consider the ones you love. Good luck and cheers!

Thank you so much Jamie and everyone of my friends for their understanding and support. This is not something I want, but a series of events which lead us apart as a couple that was left alone too long. Anyway...looking to the future and hope it is as good as the past!!
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

David_G48

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2013, 03:42:43 PM »

Chris
I think the worst part is the process but once that is final you can get on with the rest of your life. Drinking alone???.....no need for that so long as I'm around, I will make the sacrafice and drink with you.
Hang in there my friend.
David

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2013, 07:18:06 PM »

Sorry about that---drink up !  i strongly suggest Middleton from Jameson $$$ but so good, your jameson will taste like shit

danf

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2013, 07:33:28 PM »

Chris, we've never met, but having signed my divorce papers a little over a year ago I know it does get better. I didn't want mine either but I was glad when it was over. Having kids in the mix makes it that much more difficult (as I well know), hopefully you don't have that worry.

I cant contribute much more than that- having 2 kids pretty much takes soloing off the table for me.

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2013, 07:38:05 PM »

You come out her grammy- I'll hook you up  8)

200 f/a's  5 minutes from the pub...

old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2013, 10:51:57 PM »

You come out her grammy- I'll hook you up  8)

200 f/a's  5 minutes from the pub...

Danf...three kids, but they are doing well as my wife and I are working pretty closely to make sure that they are well taken care of during this craziness.

John....I am there this summer!!!!!!

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2013, 09:37:00 AM »

I prolly shouldn't send a pic of the bartender 

kenreville

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2013, 09:39:42 AM »

Tell me it's a she. And she's hot.

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2013, 10:05:04 AM »

8 or 8+,,, RN and single  what more could you ask.  There's also a pretty hot guy, or so my wife says, I'm not a very good judge.

old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2013, 10:05:36 AM »

8 or 8+,,, RN and single  what more could you ask.  There's also a pretty hot guy, or so my wife says, I'm not a very good judge.

Very nice!!! lol   ;D

kenreville

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2013, 03:30:30 PM »

Pictures Strand. We want pictures.

xcrag_corex

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2013, 04:28:13 PM »

Pictures Strand. We want pictures.
"hey can i have a beer and while your at it could you pose for a photo? You happen to be the topic of discussion on a forum i frequent, with several testosterone laden climber types......."

I'd like to see this play out.... Pictures Strand :)

-Jeremy Ballou

"know how to rock, ain't afraid to roll"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 23 queries.