NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kapooyah!  (Read 258 times)

darwined

kenreville

• NEClimbs God
Re: Kapooyah!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 06:22:26 PM »

After seeing that, let us not wonder why the US is going down. A voter, no doubt.

pappy

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 04:34:28 PM »

After seeing that, let us not wonder why the US is going down. A voter, no doubt.

No doubt. I'm not sure how to get out of this box as a country: The ignorant voter is the death of a democratic system, but in an era where we now figure human knowledge is doubling ever 14 years, ignorance is inescapable. The worst possible outcome is when people embrace their ignorance and focus on trivialities while unquestionably accepting whatever they are told about the important issues, which is where we are at. But I can give you some examples of results: I'm working on my third high tech ceramics start up. I've always offered health insurance before, I'll never do it again. And I will have to be doing spectacularly (unrealistically and probably unsustainably) well to ever hire employee #26. I know a lot of smart highly productive tech types and business owners, and right now we all have the same ambition. Not to make obscene amounts of money, buy big houses or fancy cars, or any of the other stuff people think 'the rich' do. No, we all want to make enough money...to run. Too bad if you want a job.
If you're gonna be stupid, you gotta be tough.

darwined

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 04:52:25 PM »

I know a lot of smart highly productive tech types and business owners, and right now we all have the same ambition. Not to make obscene amounts of money, buy big houses or fancy cars, or any of the other stuff people think 'the rich' do. No, we all want to make enough money...to run.

Sadly enough, so do I?  One question if I may.  Who is John Galt?

M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 08:25:44 PM »

"Clark was more or less unscathed."  ???

I wonder how many boulder problems are named Kapooya now.
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 23 queries.