NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: S/O's  (Read 1492 times)

strandman

• NEClimbs God
S/O's
« on: March 25, 2013, 07:42:24 PM »

Wife, Ex ,GF BF  whatever--

Let's here it

My wife of almost 27 years WANTS me to climb.. I guess she knows it's in the blood. i did promise her only one or two routes in the Black Canyon.... I'm gettin' soft

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
Re: S/O's
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 07:49:05 PM »

My wife (non-climber) tells me to get out of the house and go climb when I get cranky from no climbing or cabin fever.
But at times it has also resulted in scheduling conflicts 9 months of the year.
So, in the end, it is "a wash".  Hopefully it will never have to come down to "it is either me or climbing!".
That would the ultimate between a rock and a hard place situation for me.

Guys/gals, remember to call your s/o the first chance you get if you are late because you "got hung up on a route".
Especially if he/she is a non-climber.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 07:54:05 PM by sneoh »

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

mopowers

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 07:49:48 PM »

Really depends on the weather. Sometimes wife, sometimes whatever.  :)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 07:53:10 PM by mopowers »

danf

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 07:51:59 PM »

Ex-wife climbed a bit after we moved to NH- one of her friends is a guide for EMS.... As many times as I asked, she never wanted me along..... Pretty sure that has something to do with why she is my ex.

Girlfriend now actually got me started climbing last spring and has yet to say anything negative when a new piece of gear shows up on the doorstep. We may not climb very hard but we have fun when we can get to the rock!

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 07:56:45 PM »

This - "We may not climb very hard but we have fun when we can get to the rock!" - is great.  Enjoy it.

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

darwined

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 08:18:29 PM »

Wife wants me to climb to because, "It's what works for us.  It gives me a chance to miss you"  (her words).  She also says I'm an
a-hole when I don't.  That said, I did have to trade some "reelin' it in a bit" for my trip to Katahdin.  I'm on a strict quota of no more than two days a week until July.   :'( :'(

After June 30th it's :P

Climber57r

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 08:42:15 PM »

Wife wants me to climb to because, "It's what works for us.  It gives me a chance to miss you"  (her words).  She also says I'm an
a-hole when I don't.  That said, I did have to trade some "reelin' it in a bit" for my trip to Katahdin.  I'm on a strict quota of no more than two days a week until July.   :'( :'(

Going to be a kick ass season. See you two days a week. Don't worry might be every day a week when you see someone else in his face..  ;D
Good times. Good climbs. Get out there, get after it, and most of all enjoy it.

"A not neat knot, is a knot not needed"

darwined

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2013, 09:07:55 PM »

Going to be a kick ass season. See you two days a week. Don't worry might be every day a week when you see someone else in his face..  ;D
  AH... CABLE GUY

xcrag_corex

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2013, 09:19:06 PM »

Wife to-be loves for me to get out. I'm a total dick when I don't get out. she knows it is the thing in life I am most passionate about. I don't think she'd ever make me choose.... She knows she would only be setting herself up for disappointment. She also loves to buy gear for presents  :) HOLD ON. She always wants me gone and supplies the gear to do so.... Maybe I'm overlooking something  :o
-Jeremy Ballou

"know how to rock, ain't afraid to roll"

darwined

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2013, 09:21:38 PM »

Man! That effin cable guy gets around!

xcrag_corex

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2013, 09:22:47 PM »

Man! That effin cable guy gets around!
if its Jim Carey she gets a pass
-Jeremy Ballou

darwined

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2013, 09:24:15 PM »

What if it's Shaq?

xcrag_corex

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2013, 09:26:37 PM »

At that point I won't have to worry about this particular topic post.  :D
-Jeremy Ballou

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2013, 10:21:20 AM »

That's why we don't have a TV....

My wife maybe did a smart thing,, she climbed pretty well, got up to following some 5.10's and then said 'that's enough for me"

kenreville

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2013, 10:30:34 AM »

I put up a ground up, somewhat necky route with Cunningham when both of us were experiencing "stress" in our marriages. Wasn't too long after we were both divorced.

We named it appropriately, Hexmate, 5.10rrr.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 23 queries.