NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: S/O's  (Read 1137 times)

strandman

• NEClimbs God
Re: S/O's
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2013, 10:39:40 AM »

Always a good idea  :-\

Tc and I started a very serious climb just before his wedding, got hailed off Cannon.

Condemned man  11B R  rp#0, rp #1, tied off KB and a #3 friend... you should finish it

old_school

• NEClimbs God
  • "Climb Now, Work Later."
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2013, 11:06:16 AM »

This - "We may not climb very hard but we have fun when we can get to the rock!" - is great.  Enjoy it.

+1 !!!!  ;)
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2013, 11:11:29 AM »

My soon to be ex and I met climbing 12 years ago here in the Valley. She was and still is a very talented climber, but her interests and passions were more into trail running and hiking...she is a cardio animal. After the kids were born, the two of us didn't have the time to rope up together which I still regret.

I am going on almost 30 years of climbing here pretty soon...it is amazing to me how much of my time on this earth has been spent clinging to the side of a mountain?!??!  :)
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

Jeff

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2013, 11:55:21 AM »

Married 4 decades + to the same woman! At first, she climbed a bit, even some alpine stuff in the Pacific NW and S. Teton, descending from the summit in a T-storm. After 2 years, (she loves to tell this story) we were dining out in a restaurant at the Gunks  (probably The Mountain Brauhaus) and I said " this fall we'll work on raising your rock climbing standard", to which she replied " Jeff, I don't have a standard and I've decided rock climbing isn't my thing!" I stammered something, then she said "don't worry, I know you love it and I won't ask you to stop."
  As any couple does, we've had some rough patches and I've had to throttle back a few times, but I've spent a lot of time in the Alps, all over the American West, Canadian Rockies, Britain (Wales, England, Scotland) , Greece, and am still climbing and guiding 70-80 days /year, so life is good. Fortunately, she loves travel, foreign or domestic, so she has accompanied me on most of my longer trips. 8)

old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2013, 12:27:24 PM »

You got a good one there Jeff!!   ;)

old_school

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2013, 01:30:22 PM »

My wife wants me to get out as much as possible.........So her boyfriend can come visit. :) :-* :-\

Mine did too Steve...but it was just because she hates me!   ;D

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2013, 05:04:51 PM »

You got a good one there Jeff!!   ;)
+1 for sure.  And heart warming to read.  Thanks for sharing.
I hope I will be able to claim the same as Jeff in 25 years or so. 

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

ELM

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2013, 05:43:43 PM »

My wife of 17 years has no issue when I get out. She notices when I've been cooped up and need to move.
She will not climb however; a step stool is as high as I can get her off the ground. She will hike and occasionally cycle with me.
I just finished building her a craft room so I can basically do what ever I want for a good 3 months  :)
Ed Matt
" I release my attention: because of you now I am in danger!!! " -Champ

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2013, 06:36:10 PM »

My wife wants me to get out as much as possible.........So her boyfriend can come visit. :) :-* :-\

Niland still hang s around  :)

My parent s were married 54 fucking years. 'till my Dad died  ,, just amazing

i'm halfway and am psyched.. the best woman ever

darwined

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2013, 07:00:40 AM »

I am happy to report that I get a second chance with the love of my life.  During the birth of our second child, a beautiful baby girl, my wife developed serious complications.  Four minutes without a heartbeat, Seven surgeries, seven complete blood transfusions, one med flight to MGH, two weeks in I.C.U. , and many prayers later I will be bringing her home.

LOTS OF SOUL SEARCHING the last eighteen days.  Make sure you tell your SO how much he/she means to you.  Don't wait.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 07:07:18 AM by darwined »

slink

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2013, 07:03:14 AM »

Derek I am glad things are getting better. Give me a call when things settle down

bailing is not failing!!!

darwined

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2013, 07:08:38 AM »

Thanks Jim.  Miss you bud.

mopowers

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2013, 11:46:43 AM »

Sounds like a very difficult time. I wish you and your family a healthy and happy future.

xcrag_corex

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2013, 05:34:40 PM »

Derek, glad things are looking better. Musta been rough but I'm glad it reaffirmed your feelings for her. Stay positive man and hopefully I'll be able to send som biz your way. Congrats on the healthy daughter too man :)
-Jeremy Ballou

"know how to rock, ain't afraid to roll"

Jeff

• NEClimbs God
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2013, 05:58:58 PM »

Derek, wishing you and yours the very, very best! Glad to hear that things are moving in the right direction--continue to cherish the people who matter; they're what gives meaning to life!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.212 seconds with 23 queries.