General > Beginners Area

Practice Climbs for the Prow

(1/5) > >>

darwined:
I don't have much aid climbing experience, four pitches.  I'd like to aid the Prow this year.  Can anyone recommend some practice climbs?  I'd also like to play with hauling a bit.  Is there a climb or climbs out of the way where I could work this stuff?

Shepherds Pie:
Mordor Wall is probably your best bet.  Clean hauling, likely no one else in the way, pretty easy aid.  Get your systems dialed there and the Prow will be a cruise, and no need to haul there so you can concentrate on just getting up quickly and efficiently.

lucky luke:

--- Quote from: darwined on March 28, 2013, 09:52:46 PM ---I don't have much aid climbing experience, four pitches.  I'd like to aid the Prow this year.  Can anyone recommend some practice climbs?  I'd also like to play with hauling a bit.  Is there a climb or climbs out of the way where I could work this stuff?

--- End quote ---

north end practice slab. There is a lot for haling, I tried the gurdle traverse with a bivy in the middle. when i tried it, I was in an allergic crisis, so I take medecine, my partner arrived late, and we went to bed around two or three, I was sick two or three time during the night and we wake up at five under a hazzle. At night, I just felt a sleep at five o'clock to sevenin the morning. sorry for myh partner.

I don't think that murdor wall is a good idea, even the first pitch. The prow is easy and a good training...it is a practice for murder wall.

Admin Al:
The north end cracks are where most people practice aid. However, wait until all the ice is gone before you go there! There is some B I G stuff up there on the Unicorn.

John Ski:
Razor Crack C1 at Sundown just off the Kanc (see MP write up). Steep,fun, never crowded, even has a roof.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version