NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Practice Climbs for the Prow  (Read 1563 times)

snowleopard

• NEClimbs Newbie
Re: Practice Climbs for the Prow
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2013, 11:10:19 PM »

And there's just no way for survival mode to kick in if we're hanging around on top rope  ;D

lucky luke

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2013, 04:21:35 AM »

Top rope aid practice? ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

agree. completely agree
but who want to belay someone who will take forever to practice.  better to lead...some beginer took two hours to climb 30 feet of A-2 or A-3 with me. and after they knew how to protect themselve, they refuse to climb my goal because it was to hard for them.

hobbsj

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2013, 08:40:25 AM »

I understand where LL is coming from on this one a bit.  Hop on a low traveled crack and have at it. I don't understand the reason for a top-rope though.  I mean you have a piece every body length that you can assess without pumping out.  A day of aid climbing really helped me with my gear placement.  A buddy of mine has an even better idea.  He takes people to a really easy crack climb that is pretty short and has them aid it.  Then he takes away the pieces they used and has them aid it again with what remains.  He repeats this until the rack is used up.  And, you can work on your systems on something you can just climb if need-be.  But don't waste nice weather doing this stuff.  Go out on a damp/raining day.  Plus, you don't have to worry about taking 3 hours on a more popular route.  Just my $.02

WharfRat

• NEClimbs Junior Member
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2013, 09:41:20 AM »

I understand where LL is coming from on this one a bit.  Hop on a low traveled crack and have at it. I don't understand the reason for a top-rope though.  I mean you have a piece every body length that you can assess without pumping out.  A day of aid climbing really helped me with my gear placement.  A buddy of mine has an even better idea.  He takes people to a really easy crack climb that is pretty short and has them aid it.  Then he takes away the pieces they used and has them aid it again with what remains.  He repeats this until the rack is used up.  And, you can work on your systems on something you can just climb if need-be.  But don't waste nice weather doing this stuff.  Go out on a damp/raining day.  Plus, you don't have to worry about taking 3 hours on a more popular route.  Just my $.02

Worked like a charm for me.

Thank you Ben!!

hobbsj

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2013, 11:23:44 AM »

Of course, it takes a while with Ben since his rack is big enough to aid 10 rope lengths without using the same piece twice......  And he can find any piece he wants on it blindfolded. :)

WharfRat

• NEClimbs Junior Member
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2013, 12:38:30 PM »

Of course, it takes a while with Ben since his rack is big enough to aid 10 rope lengths without using the same piece twice......  And he can find any piece he wants on it blindfolded. :)

Fact!

You get my e-mail i sent this morning?

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2013, 06:32:37 PM »

Airation is A1

get some beers (cans only) and go to Sundown,,,, Razor, Vultures, Shadowline are all A1 and secure

it's not that complicated after a few drinks

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2013, 05:35:21 PM »

it's not that complicated after a few drinks

LOL!!!!!
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 1.703 seconds with 23 queries.