NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lost Ledge, 4/28  (Read 344 times)

danf

• NEClimbs Senior Member
Lost Ledge, 4/28
« on: April 28, 2013, 06:51:41 PM »

Headed out to Lost Ledge today.  Judging by the condition of the trail in, there haven't been many out there yet this year.  The trail was slick with leaves in many places.  I cleared a lot of fallen branches out of the way, but I think there's more towards the start that will need moved. 

The rock was dry, as expected.  Myself, my girlfriend and her 11 year-old daughter did both pitches of the Hole Traverse.  It was the first time her daughter had done anything other than a single pitch.  I hauled my entire rack up to the ledge, not knowing what we would do for sure.  Handren's beta said to belay from "a bolt and cams" at the end of the first pitch, so most of the rack went up with me not knowing what I would find.  Got to the belay spot to find 2 bolts...  So the rack wasn't needed!  Second pitch belay was at the tree, I left a webbing sling and a quick link there.  I also added quick links at the first pitch anchors (there was cordage there as well that I left, but I'm assuming it's been there since last summer...), left the quick links to facilitate pulling the ropes.

I'm short on time but if I can, I'll see if I can add pictures in the next few days.  We only had time for the one route, but we had fun!

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
Re: Lost Ledge, 4/28
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 08:14:08 PM »

glad you got out there, it's a nice place. did you have any problems finding the trail> a couple of years ago it was blazed...
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com

DLottmann

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 08:22:03 PM »

glad you got out there, it's a nice place. did you have any problems finding the trail> a couple of years ago it was blazed...

Still has a few cairns and a few markers as far as I know, but not plastic tape on every other tree like a few years ago (those I removed)... Iím hoping to get out there next week...

danf

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 09:53:49 PM »

I've been out there a few times now. The first time I tried to follow the directions in Handrens book.... That led to a straight uphill bushwhack - not fun. Stumbled on the trail the second time last summer and have used it since. There was a couple times where I had to look around for blazes, but with more foot traffic the trail should open up more to the 'normal'. I didn't take my trekking poles but wished I had.  The cairns and blazes ate still definitely there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 24 queries.