NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Directions to climbs in Kinsman Notch?  (Read 191 times)

Matty

• NEClimbs Newbie
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Directions to climbs in Kinsman Notch?
« on: February 01, 2002, 03:02:30 PM »

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with directions on how to get to he climbs in Kinsman Notch? Parking, trails etc.
      Thanks, Matty

dogboy

• NEClimbs God
  • What?
Re: Directions to climbs in Kinsman Notch?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2002, 07:16:37 AM »

It couldn't be easier...you take 112 out of Woodstock, and about a mile past the junction with 118 you'll see a place where the side of the road (on the left) has been plowed out.  You can also see the climbs up on the left from the road.  Just follow a packed out trail up for about 20 minutes and you'll reach the climbs...
Everybody wants to go to heaven, but no one wants to die.

RPD

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2002, 07:57:31 AM »

Note that the description on the Wilcox guide is not very good.  It indicates at least one climb is on the north side of the road, they are all on the south side (as far as I know).  The locations of each climb are also completely screwed up.  The trail meets the cliff near its right hand (west) end.  There is one short steep climb to your right, the rest are to your left, and are longer.

dogboy

• NEClimbs God
  • What?
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2002, 09:10:18 AM »

Plus, he leaves out two climbs...there's the steep pillar right when you come in, then the slabs, then another one pitch climb...all of which are in the guide.  Then there is a hard pin protected mixed climb, the start of which is a freestanding icicle, and then there is another NEI 2-3 climb, neither of which are in the book.  Then there is the 400 yard walk around to the other two climbs on the far side.
Everybody wants to go to heaven, but no one wants to die.

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2002, 04:15:07 AM »

with some slack to Rick, ice changes every year. what is there now may not have been a gleam the years they did the book! Yuki Fujita & I did a climb on Cathedral by the North End 6 years ago that hasn't come in since!

Al
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 22 queries.