General > Trip Reports

Gunks trip with George Hurley

(1/3) > >>

Admin Al:
After an exactly 6 hour drive we arrived on Sunday in time to get in a short climb. We decided on Katzenjammer, a supposed 5.6 before the Uberfall area. As always it is a trick to get used to different rock and grades. It's not a great climb, but I managed it OK. George was wearing a long sleeve pinstriped shirt and several people walking by commented on how stylish he looked!

Monday we met our friend Pauline and climbed with her. We started with Jackie, a nice 5.5, that George led. Then I did Classic, a supposed 5.7. I remember doing it 20 years ago, but the move above the 1st pin was really wiggy. The rock is much more polished than I remember. However the rest is guide nice. Next we went over to finish Miss Bailey, we only did the first pitch last fall. George led pitches 1 & 3 and I did 2. I still don't like the chimney, George made short work of it, but the other pitches were quite nice.

Not sure about plans for today other than Middle Earth and maybe Ants Line. Unfortunately the weather doesn't look great for tomorrow, Thursday. We shall see...

sneoh:
Nice.
Al, if you haven't yet, be sure to climb some over at The Nears.  Lots of good stuff there.
Whatever you do, have a great time.

And perhaps you should do Modern Times and set the record straight for LL/Champ and Jake :)

Admin Al:
Well we just finished Limelight and Quiver, right of Arrow. George is climbing great. Weather might be bad tomorrow. Not sure what we will do in that case.

Admin Al:
FYI George led the money pitch of Madame G!!!

JakeDatc:

--- Quote from: sneoh on May 07, 2013, 09:01:43 AM ---Nice.
Al, if you haven't yet, be sure to climb some over at The Nears.  Lots of good stuff there.
Whatever you do, have a great time.

And perhaps you should do Modern Times and set the record straight for LL/Champ and Jake :)

--- End quote ---

not that there is any record to set.. ;)

Absurdland ...  Son of easy O..  Bonnie's Roof ..   Strickley from nowhere..   Bloody bush(2nd favorite easy climb, Easy-baby is #1  Easy O p1 to Baby p2 .6 roof woo!) .    Something Interesting.. if even to just go look at Dangler up close

If you go to the Nears.. Birdland is sweet..  Roseland might remind you of your slippery granite

Soon we should go to the gunks sometime

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version