NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rock Garden- Sundown Lost Horizon  (Read 451 times)

danf

• NEClimbs Senior Member
Rock Garden- Sundown Lost Horizon
« on: May 27, 2013, 07:40:00 PM »

Was up there today and did this route.  Handren only lists it as a single pitch, but I see on Mountain Project it's listed as having a second pitch.  I didn't realize it was listed that way on MP or I would have looked harder when I was up there.  Handren says anchor from a tree (which is what I did), but MP says something about bolts- which I did not see.  It was my first time up there, anyone know any more about a second pitch?

tim03303

• NEClimbs Newbie
Re: Rock Garden- Sundown Lost Horizon
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 08:51:20 PM »

Bolts are up and right from the tree belay.

DLottmann

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 09:39:25 PM »

For all intensive purposes this is a 1/2 pitch route, it ends at the tree, at about 75 feet from ground. It is 4th class above the tree.

Good topo on this site if you haven’t seen it:

http://www.neclimbs.com/index.php?PageName=routes_topo&LocationID=5

And descriptions:

http://www.neclimbs.com/index.php?PageName=routes_locationList&SortID=1&LocationID=5&ClimbingType=1

P.S. Stiletto (5.6) on the main wall is very worth while

EDIT: Just checked MP, those bolts are above “Rock On” 5.8 rounded arete route... the natural line ends at the tree. Not sure who edits MP but that 2nd pitch should be deleted...

EDIT: Stiletto route: http://www.mountainproject.com/v/stiletto/106416705 MP is really lacking, get the new guidebook!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 09:48:32 PM by DMan »

M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 11:53:52 PM »

Shoot me a message through MP with your user name there and I can switch the route over to you if you would like to improve the description. It doesn't look like the OP is still active.
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

danf

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 09:25:06 PM »

Thanks, Dave.  I have the new book- it was the description on MP that was throwing me off.  I didn't see any obvious line above the tree anchor but I wasn't really looking either.

I'll have to check out Stiletto the next time I'm up there!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 23 queries.