NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Accident this evening???  (Read 1313 times)

old_school

• NEClimbs God
  • "Climb Now, Work Later."
Re: Accident this evening???
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2013, 09:30:55 AM »

Was the climber intending to do Kill Your television  as well ??/  That's a kinda serious bit of climbing

I think that was the plan John. He fell past the Airation ledge and hit the trees down by the last pitch of Thin Air. He broke a bunch of the trees he hit them with such force. Lucky to be alive...I don't want to spread rumors, but the fall was estimated to be somewhere between 80-100'.  :-[
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes."

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2013, 09:47:18 AM »

Damn, that's a long way offa short climb

good luck

sneoh

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2013, 11:23:37 AM »

WOW, close call.  Wishing the injured a speedy and complete recovery.

"You have to decide to do a flag, where you can broke your vertebrae or a barn door depending of your pro" - the poster formerly known as Champ

steve weitzler

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2013, 01:17:46 PM »

WOW!!!! That's pilot license material. Major flight time!!!

terminusnout

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2013, 10:26:02 AM »

that's wild, I can see how if someone was to fall from the crux of "kill your" and their gear ripped they would slide right off the slab above airation, clear the ledge and end up in the upper thin air face. The physics is there for sure.  "Kill your..." is VERY serious bit of climbing, its essentially a V3- boulder problem above shitty thin gear with a slabby ledge below you. I head pointed it in 2007 and even after rehearsal it was quite the pucker fucker.  I also had my belayer situated right next to the tree at the top of airation so that he could see everything that was going on (wrong)....anyone know if he climbed past the anchor and just went for it? It would be very hard for his belayer to be right on whipping in slack while on the ledge at the base of the crack.

Anyone also know if the fragile flake at the top of Kill your... is still there, I remember pulling straight down.....not out!

marklynch

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2013, 11:06:56 AM »

Was the climber intending to do Kill Your television  as well ??/  That's a kinda serious bit of climbing

I think that was the plan John. He fell past the Airation ledge and hit the trees down by the last pitch of Thin Air. He broke a bunch of the trees he hit them with such force. Lucky to be alive...I don't want to spread rumors, but the fall was estimated to be somewhere between 80-100'.  :-[

Holy smokes.  Scary indeed.  Hope the climber is OK and on the mend.

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2013, 11:13:53 AM »

haven't heard anything about this since it happened. anyone know anything?
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.233 seconds with 22 queries.