NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Interesting Article About Utilizing Charities to Fund Your Adventure - Will Gadd  (Read 262 times)

Ducayet

• NEClimbs Newbie

http://www.adventure-journal.com/2012/05/adventure-without-a-cause-calling-bs-on-charity-expeditions/

Some great points made whether or not you agree with the author, especially in the comments of folks contributing in the discussion. Just thought I'd share. I'm somewhat interested to hear the NE climbers perspective.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 06:44:54 PM by Ducayet »

darwined

Who cares about people's motives.  As long as the charity gets a few bucks, it's a win.  Will's wrong on this one.

xcrag_corex

• NEClimbs Senior Member

I personally think it depends on the % going to the charity. Because after all, people are making donations on the fact that a charity is going to profit from it. Do guides donate their time on these things? ..... And even after the money hits a charity you would be amazed how little actually goes to the cause.....
-Jeremy Ballou

"know how to rock, ain't afraid to roll"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 22 queries.