NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Secret Chimp  (Read 462 times)

Bill

• NEClimbs Full Member
  • It's All Good, Just Climb!
Secret Chimp
« on: June 17, 2013, 07:58:02 AM »

Haven't been climbing at Cathedral for a couple of years.  Back at it now.  Looked up at the Thin Air face on Saturday and was very pleasantly surprised to see that the Missing Link/Secret Chimp face has been thoroughly scrubbed.  Big kudos to whoever did the job.  It had to have been a massive effort.  It was a jungle up there!!!!  Also thought I saw the glint of something shiny in the area the horizontal crack where you anchor for the second pitch.  Is it now a hardware anchor?

terminusnout

• NEClimbs Full Member
Re: Secret Chimp
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 10:57:04 AM »

I saw that too on saturday, did windfall and spotted it from the shared belay with turners.

perswig

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 05:42:17 PM »

So much for my typical excuse "Secret Chimp looks great!  But so much lichen and crap....  Let's go do the Saigons again!"
The route scares and intrigues me in equal parts.

I'll add my thanks to whomever put in the time and work, and now have to put it on this year's list.
Dale

(edit:  Yep, Terminus, Missing Link is within reason for this non-hardman, but have you seen my sig?  Overhanging makes me pee my pants.)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 08:36:13 PM by perswig »
If it's overhanging, I'm probably off-route.

terminusnout

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 06:03:12 PM »

If Secret Chimp looks too intimidating for you try Missing Link to its left, amazing roofy well protected climbing, looks a tad like the gunks but in the gunks it would be 5.9
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 23 queries.