NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Humphrey's Ledge Trail  (Read 732 times)

Admin Al

• NEClimbs Administrator
  • NEClimbs God
  • Climb 'till your forearms turn to jelly!
    • NEClimbs
Re: Humphrey's Ledge Trail
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2013, 12:42:21 PM »

Humphrey's Ledge is on NH State Forest.  The folks you mentioned work for the USFS which manages Federal land. 

of course...doh

The access trails are not officially recognized  by the Forest and Lands (at least to my knowledge) but have obviously been there for many years.  Several years ago I obtained permission to do some trail work there with some of the guides from EMS.  I'd be happy to help with obtaining permission.

I'd be into trying to put together some folks to help address some of the trail issues there, mostly the main one leading up to the main cliff band and the connecter to the Geriatric Walls.

What I think the valley really needs is an organized climbing group that could be stewards to these trails and cliffs.
Of course talk is cheap!   

agreed on both parts. too bad the MRS won't get involved...
Al Hospers

web hosting, design and software programming:
 http://www.cambersoft.com

JBrochu

• NEClimbs God
  • Doing God's work
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2013, 07:45:24 PM »

What I think the valley really needs is an organized climbing group that could be stewards to these trails and cliffs.
Of course talk is cheap!

You could tell them you're scheduling a secret insiders meeting about retro bolting, and then sandbag them all with the trail work.  :)
Have a quiche, now, or maybe a tort.  You deserve it!
-bristolpipe

I like to keep things simple, even if it's faaaken painful and miserable.
-Stoney Middleton

This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.
-Friar Tuck

DLottmann

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2013, 08:10:02 PM »

Of course talk is cheap!   

agreed on both parts. too bad the MRS won't get involved...

I don’t really think trail maintenance/building falls under the MRS mission. AMC, AAC, and Access Fund (all of which I support through membership), would be better organizations for supporting this type project. AMC is probably out despite having some of the best trail building crews, as this is not a recognized trail.

Access Fund has had major trail building/signing projects out west, but I’ve never seen the organization to active in this area.

The AAC has shown a stronger presence recently organizing local “Craggin’ Classics” and BBQ’s, so I’ld suggest interested persons join this non-profit and attend some events. They’re always fun and there are plenty of influential well intentioned folks in attendance.

Grass-roots is good too, but in my experience often fizzles out without a finished product.

kenreville

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2013, 08:53:22 PM »

AMC? Ban the AMC!

DLottmann

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2013, 09:23:36 PM »

AMC? Ban the AMC!

OK, Ken, I’m down for this discussion, but I think it deserves it’s own topic. Let’s pick it up over there --->
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 24 queries.