NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Captain anchor condition  (Read 1120 times)

strandman

• NEClimbs God
Re: The Captain anchor condition
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2013, 12:45:35 PM »

mo- you should check out Stairs.. the lower cliff will be buggy, but the next two up are usually windy. Right off the trail   a pretty sweet 2 pitch 11+ tons ore to do

mopowers

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2013, 02:29:19 PM »

mo- you should check out Stairs.. the lower cliff will be buggy, but the next two up are usually windy. Right off the trail   a pretty sweet 2 pitch 11+ tons ore to do

Funny you say that strand. I almost went this morning for a recon hike in the rain. Talked with Slacker about possibly going this weekend.

Chinos

• NEClimbs Junior Member
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2013, 08:37:01 AM »

let me know i am itching to get out to stairs as well. I think its wilderness area?

M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2013, 08:45:57 AM »

Do you know Brady Libby, John? I think he lives around your way, in Gilmonton. He would be a good source of beta for the Stairs and Back Stairs. My understanding from him is it is ok to bolt, but you aren't supposed to use a power drill. He ran into a ranger out there and that is what she said. Bikes would be out too once you get to the boundary
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2013, 12:30:31 PM »

Do any of the new anchor rules apply ??? I THINK you can bike in a ways and this helps.. certainly a large amount of rock.

Also one of my top 3 NH swimming holes ,,, not the one at road end, that's OK, but 200 yds south... outstanding
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.225 seconds with 23 queries.