Author Topic: The Captain anchor condition  (Read 1443 times)

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
Re: The Captain anchor condition
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2013, 12:45:35 PM »
mo- you should check out Stairs.. the lower cliff will be buggy, but the next two up are usually windy. Right off the trail   a pretty sweet 2 pitch 11+ tons ore to do

Offline mopowers

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2013, 02:29:19 PM »
mo- you should check out Stairs.. the lower cliff will be buggy, but the next two up are usually windy. Right off the trail   a pretty sweet 2 pitch 11+ tons ore to do

Funny you say that strand. I almost went this morning for a recon hike in the rain. Talked with Slacker about possibly going this weekend.

Offline Chinos

• NEClimbs Junior Member
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2013, 08:37:01 AM »
let me know i am itching to get out to stairs as well. I think its wilderness area?

Offline M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2013, 08:45:57 AM »
Do you know Brady Libby, John? I think he lives around your way, in Gilmonton. He would be a good source of beta for the Stairs and Back Stairs. My understanding from him is it is ok to bolt, but you aren't supposed to use a power drill. He ran into a ranger out there and that is what she said. Bikes would be out too once you get to the boundary
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2013, 12:30:31 PM »
Do any of the new anchor rules apply ??? I THINK you can bike in a ways and this helps.. certainly a large amount of rock.

Also one of my top 3 NH swimming holes ,,, not the one at road end, that's OK, but 200 yds south... outstanding