NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bouldering in the North Conway Area  (Read 1421 times)

M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
Re: Bouldering in the North Conway Area
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2013, 03:55:37 PM »

It was a quick run in between rain showers and I wanted to get up to the cliff to have a look so I couldn't inspect everything, but I saw quite a bit that looked like it had been cleaned. It looked like a full mix of cleanliness.
The hillside is south facing and the forest is pretty open, so it should be pretty nice when the leaves are down.
I think the Long Wall cluster is just  a short walk towards the river from the shack, but I didn't explore further that way.
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

JChepes

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2013, 08:41:11 PM »

Nice. Thanks.  Been meaning to check those out.  Looking for a good
circuit to play on in the area.  Sounds like an easy approach also.

Abpelton

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2013, 09:46:54 AM »

I have been cleaning lines on the boulders for the last couple years at harts. Unfortuately I learned last night that the land had been bought and is now private property, extending all the way to the summit cliff. I have received the land owners contact information and I am in the process of finding out the status of accessibility. I would be careful if you decide to go out there. Apparently, there has been reports of breaking and entering in the main building. So cars in and out are being watched. Just a heads up. If you would like more info pm me.

M_Sprague

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2013, 01:09:12 PM »

You should take a look at the plat map for the area in the town hall if you can. Also see if it is under "current use" designation. While speaking with the owner you can let them know that climbing is now an explicitly protected activity by the state, meaning if climbers are allowed on the property no charge, they can not hold the owner liable for a climbing accident.. I think there was discussion of that here a while back if you need more info.

We just had that come up recently for some of the privately owned cliffs and boulders at Rumney. The Forest service folks had a talk with the owner and reassured him.
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is not a path and leave a trail."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Abpelton

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2013, 04:59:23 PM »

Thanks for the info. I will check it out.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.209 seconds with 23 queries.