NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: the longest day ?  (Read 1343 times)

strandman

• NEClimbs God
Re: the longest day ?
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2013, 08:02:13 PM »

Sometimes it sucks to repeat a route... slower.. i'll stick with HD in 6:20. many years ago.. now it might be 6 DAYS

Did intimidation,, car to car with JB in 2:30  .. i KNOW i could never top that,,, never tried..My bud TC did it in the same time and i don't think they had cams !!!!

DGoguen

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2013, 05:03:01 PM »

My longest day of continuous climbing was one week ago. My son and I did the regular route on Halfdome, but hauling the pack, which got stuck continuously, and certain delays, due to many teams on the route, and my old age status, resulted in 21 hours of climbing. Never  climbed with headlamps- it was kind of cool.
Nice Steve.
I think getting up that in a day is respectable by any standard.
We went across Thank God Ledge at Midnight or so. It's probably better that way? Ha 
23 1/2 hours.
Don't Climb

Bill

• NEClimbs Full Member
  • It's All Good, Just Climb!
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2013, 06:35:06 AM »

Good on ya Steve.  Way to get to out and get it done.  Very envious. Best to Mark. 

Bill

fresh

• NEClimbs Junior Member
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2013, 09:49:45 AM »

N ridge of Stuart in the Cascades, car to shuttle car, 3,000 feet of climbing and like 12 miles of hiking, including among the finest of Cascades approaches and descents. 20 hours?

strandman

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2013, 10:28:22 AM »

After half Dome and The Nose.. I vowed never to haul or jumar again... stuck to it.. grab and pull, move together..whatever it takes..COLD beer waiting !!!

RCL1

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2013, 12:58:36 PM »

Armadillo with JD and his son, 12 years old at the time. Was told by Kathadin rangers we couldn't go up to Chimney Pond in the evening (we had been to the plane crash site earlier in the day, so we were getting a later start than hoped for) "the mountain is closed" so we got a late (5 am) start. Spent too much time short-roping the kid up the approach slabs, had to wait out a T-storm 3 pitches below the top, took the Cathedral trail down, which was slow due to darkness, steeps and taking care of the kid. 23 hours car to car. Poor kid was bushed.

kenreville

• NEClimbs God
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2013, 06:29:34 PM »

From the 14,000ft camp on McKinley, soloed the West Rib to the summit (20,320) and down the West Buttress in under 11 hours. Beat Rheinhold Messner's time on essentially the same route by almost 2 hrs.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 22 queries.