NEClimbs.com forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reading the forum on your cell phone? There's an easier way. We've enabled a Tapatalk app that makes browsing the forum a whole lot easier. Check it out in the iPhone or Android store if you don't own it already.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Acadia Accident Sunday  (Read 2357 times)

lucky luke

• NEClimbs God
Re: Acadia Accident Sunday
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2013, 02:42:46 PM »

I doubt that this incident will be covered in AINAM this year... (sigh)

I doubt too.

Before, I red AINAM to know what I should do to prevent a similar situation. Today, I read AINAM by curiosity. Will they said who is guilty? It is not just lawyers who are guilty, but also those who point every mistake that other did to promote their own capacity to climb in a kindergarden.

DLottmann

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2013, 03:25:53 PM »

Iíve read almost every issue of AINAM from 1946 to this year. Iíve always found them a valuable learning tool, and continue to do so.

Anyone who doesnít think we canít learn from otherís mistakes and still be respectful is missing out.

EDIT: I wish my kindergarden had climbing

JBrochu

• NEClimbs God
  • Doing God's work
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2013, 04:54:29 PM »

I doubt too.

Before, I red AINAM to know what I should do to prevent a similar situation. Today, I read AINAM by curiosity. Will they said who is guilty? It is not just lawyers who are guilty, but also those who point every mistake that other did to promote their own capacity to climb in a kindergarden.

Have a quiche, now, or maybe a tort.  You deserve it!
-bristolpipe

I like to keep things simple, even if it's faaaken painful and miserable.
-Stoney Middleton

This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.
-Friar Tuck

xcrag_corex

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2013, 04:58:21 PM »

I don't even NEED to check the Weather anymore..... I can tell what it's like outside due to thread responses. Hahaha.
-Jeremy Ballou

"know how to rock, ain't afraid to roll"

DLottmann

« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2013, 05:04:26 PM »

JBrochu, I love that portrait GIF, or what ever... is that original Sega or Nintendo, I remember that hockey game as mind blowing LOL... Cam Neely was fast as shit...

islander511

• NEClimbs Newbie
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2013, 10:28:18 PM »

It's happened again, I'm sorry to report. Another Acadia Mountain Guides accident today, this time a guide was very seriously injured in a fall (early report is he rapped off his rope 1/2 way down Old Town) at the South Wall, and was Life Flighted to Bangor. Sounds like severe injuries. Sure hope he pulls through.

http://fenceviewer.com/site/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=81898:climbing-guide-seriously-hurt-in-fall&Itemid=938

xcrag_corex

• NEClimbs Senior Member
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2013, 12:32:48 AM »

You would figure all their guides would be super focused after that last accident. This can't be good for their outfit. Wishing a speedy, full recovery to the injured guide.   :(
-Jeremy Ballou

"know how to rock, ain't afraid to roll"

markvnh

• NEClimbs Full Member
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2013, 08:51:39 AM »

In regards to the original accident - a friend of mine was climbing in Acadia a couple weeks ago and was told that "the rope anchor failed from rubbing back and forth over the edge as the guide was giving encouragement to the climber on the TR." I guess in my mind from this it appears there might have been one anchor and two ropes from that anchor - the one the client was TR'ing on and the one the guide was probably on rappel giving encouragement. I can see how that failure might happen in that situation. With that - its still speculation and we will only really know if there is an actual report that comes out.

And lets hope the guide from the most recent accident has a speedy and full recovery.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 23 queries.